Added a new pipe today -

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollywood

Reaction score
Just finished my latest pipe this afternoon. Inspired by some of my favorite carvers; this Volcano has beautiful swooping lines and a wonderful feel in the hand. There is a fantastic mix of straight and flame grain all around; with stand out birdseye on the bottom. A hand shaped stem of an amberish swirl colored acrylic blends in well but gives just the right contrast. With just a bit tighter and more straight graining; this would have been a very high grade. I used a multi-step staining process to bring out it's best.

Please let me know what you think.

Volcano 1:

Height - 2.25
Length - 5.25
Width - 2.125
Chamber Diameter - 1.00
Chamber Depth - 1.35
Weight - 77g

108_4059.jpg

108_4061.jpg

108_4063.jpg

108_4060.jpg

That is incredible Hollywood! I would say that could very easily be considered high grade!

I am not a fan of the shape but this is one that I would not hesitate to get. A beautiful pipe. I wish I had the $$$ to buy it. Very well done!! :cyclops: :sunny: :affraid:

Thank you again for the comments, guys. I am so happy with how this one turned out so much like I originally intended. I'm having a great time with this; and look forward to being able to bring many more out in the future.

Wow! The shape & grain, golden colour, the way how the shank connects with the mouthpiece, and the beautiful birdseye pattern at the bottom.
Congratulations! It paid off your hard work.
How many hours did you invest on it?

Cheers

All I can say is WOW!!!! I love the birdseye on the bottom too!
Do you have a website?