Adding to the cellar

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bulls eye flake
Peterson signature flake
Daughters ryan platinum
Daughter ryan three sails
Haddos delight gl pease
Peter st. Lux navy flake
And a few blends I made it have no name for

I might go ahead and get the pound in a half of navy flake on pipes and cigar it's like 50 bucks

arkansaspiper":c8wvf1hj said:
I might go ahead and get the pound in a half of navy flake on pipes and cigar it's like 50 bucks
It's a nice price break that way, for sure..

One thing I wanna do in this thread is....
Say restart if possible
HI I'm travis from arkansas a fellow pipe smoker. I am here to learn and gain knowledge can we start over and allow me to make things right with the community
I have. Few pipes I promised and to who it may concern let it be known will be sent in the next few days allow me to make everything right

arkansaspiper":1hjrpcoj said:
One thing I wanna do in this thread is....
Say restart if possible
HI I'm travis from arkansas a fellow pipe smoker. I am here to learn and gain knowledge can we start over and allow me to make things right with the community
I have. Few pipes I promised and to who it may concern let it be known will be sent in the next few days allow me to make everything right
:D

Travis - what vacuum system are you using to seal up the blends? Looks good! Wondering why you went with that product over the ubiquitous Mason jar? Certainly looks like it takes up a whole lot less space at least. :D

its a food saver brand I know that. all I know is I used to raise chickens for restaurants and such and used it to seal the birds. was talking to the wiz and he said he was using his to do it so wham bam he got me into it. takes less space and no air can get in

Travis, nice to meet you! Lovin' the vacuum thing. Then all you need is a cooler to store your stash. The famous "coolerdor" (a typical large capacity cooler acting as a humidor).

Question to the group at large...when you vac all the air out like that will the VA's still age properly? I remember hearing or reading something about some air being needed for things to go properly. I could be totally wrong...but it might be important to Arky.

Arky - we have a pretty good answer posted on the other thread.

Here's a link...

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t33939-aging-tobacco-in-a-vacuum#473126

The short answer is, for long term storage...Mason jars are best. But do read the posts over there, they are good info.

I would only add that in a dry environment vac storage would be better than nothing to protect against dehydration. But the plastic does allow gas transfer, so for long term storage...good ol' Mason or Ball jars are king.

Arky, that's sure some good tobacco you've purchased. If your going to age some for a number of years, tobacco is best stored in glass jars. They can be purchased in various sizes cheap at Walmart. Have a great weekend :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!