After Smoking The Same Blend For Many Days

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

RSteve

Reaction score
This morning I smoked the first bowl of a recent blend I had assembled. It really isn't much different than any of my self-made English blends, but it did taste a bit foreign. The only real difference from the blend I'd been smoking for many days (or weeks) is the blend has toasted red virginia, replacing red virginia. I know that after a few days and several bowls, the taste will be the new normal, until I switch again. It makes me wonder how some BoBs can smoke and enjoy a variety of blends without each progressive blend tasting a bit foreign.

Natch

Geographer Ultimo
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
With one exception, I generally do not smoke the same blend for more than a couple of days in a row. It seems to lose its interest for me, or perhaps my limited taste buds become numb to its nuances. Even my favorite blends go bland if smoked in succession. When I come back to them weeks or months later, they seem to have regained their flavor. Perhaps my taste buds like to be shaken up with a foreign taste?

RSteve

Reaction score
At my current age, I always think "this bowl" could be my last one. So, I reach for the tobacco that's both familiar and comforting.