Aftershave to wear when emptying a clip

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Burley

Reaction score
For those making do with just a little dab of Hoppe's #9 behind each ear when visiting the shooting range, here's a more genteel substitute for the properly groomed marksman. Seems like a winner if it's anything like the original.

http://phoenixartisanaccoutrements.com/products/9-aftershave-cologne-contains-lite-menthol-alum-aloe-limited-edition

910.jpg
" />

The women that have been in my life have always complained about the smell of me cleaning the guns in the house, so you all buy this stuff and wear it every chance you get and I'll be tagging behind pick'en up all runn'en the other direction.

Strange. I never met a woman who didn't like the scent of the real McCoy, or at least those who encountered it. Think I'll stick with regular aftershave for my hide though.

I immediately thought of Hoppes when I read the thread title and was thinking of some wise guy answers but I was beaten to the punch. Though when I come back from the range I can generally find some used brass in my clothing. Smells fine to me just doesn't have the 'scent spread" of Hoppes...

id like to smell that after shave.

The oil I used to when cleaning my rifle first off stank but after a number of years I kinda mellowed to it, and now I sit here reminiscing I actually miss the smell, that and the smell of the cordite.

I remember that I still have a set of webbing up in my loft with a rifle cleaning kit and pull throughs, its still got some oil in the small black container, might just dab some and see if the missus runs away hehe.

andy

Hoppe's #9 is classic. A little dab keeps the skeeters away also. You guys are giving me thoughts of trying to mix a Hoppe's cocktail.......might be like the Perique liquor made in France but with a longer finish.