"ahem" Also, Retiring

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Yep. Over 30 years just here. I am trying to get out of here before the crooks in the statehouse screw me over and prevent it. Over 40 years of full-time working. I do have plenty to occupy my time. Ham Radio being at the top of the list. I also want to do a number of things. Just a few are:

Go look for Lake Superior agates.
Wait for a dry year and wade the Iowa rivers looking for geodes.
Stop at that big Tennessee Alabama Fireworks store.
Wade in the pacific.

I have about 23 working days left. Kinda depends on the wife and her schedule. But the 31st of December is it. I may have a few more forms to fill out. Who knew how much paper was devoted to retiring.

:sunny: 

Congratulations Brother! I hope you get to do all those things and a bunch more. Hip hip hooray for the old farts!!!!:oops: 

Enjoy! I've found it has taken a lot of stress away.

Congrats to you! And definitely a good call to get out while you can - by the time I retire, I think the minimum age will be 115.

That's awesome Carlos, I hope you get to do everything on your bucket list. You are fortunate to retire at an early age, wish I could've done the same. But like you say, get while the goin' is good.
Congrats. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

Congratulations brother! :cheers: :cheers: 

Welcome to the pensioners club.8) 

Fraternally

Jers

Great news Carlos. I hope all goes well with the paperwork and it's smooth sailing from there on out. :cheers:

Congrat's on the retirement Buddy, Geode hunting, now that sounds like something I would enjoy doing very much, not much scope for Geodes in our locale sadly, I'd love to see pictures of your current Mineral collection. :sunny: :cheers: 

Congratulations! You've got lots of things planned and that's the key to a happy retirement. Stay active and do the things you've always wanted to do but didn't have the time. I wish you the best and hope your retirement will be the happiest time of your life. :) 

AJ

The day I retired something went wrong with my face. I developed this weird stretching in my facial muscles surrounding my mouth...it was pulled wider and the ends were directed upward. My doctor said he'd seen it before in men over the age of 65, though it hit me earlier. Doc called it a "smile" or something like that. It hasn't gone away. My wife says I actually look better this way. And even though I get a little bit of an ache in my jaw muscles occasionally I generally feel a whole lot better...look forward to getting up...enjoy those around me more...overall outlook much improved. Doc wanted me to sign up for doing one of those 'investigational medication' things, but I haven't found the time to call him back about it! I guess I'll just have to try and live with it. Shouldn't be a problem. lol

Good luck on your 'condition' Carlos. Welcome to the club.

If you ever get out to Oregon, we've got the most beautiful coast in the world. Great agates in some secret locations. Geodes however are just over the mountains in the central part of the state. You'll need one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_gnr_aps?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AGeologist+rock+pick&keywords=Geologist+rock+pick&ie=UTF8&qid=1384982621

If you send me one with a cheap handle (not the nice Estwing stacked leather) I'll put a cool exotic wood handle on it as a retirement gift!

Mandatory retirement in the Episcopal church is 72. By the time I get there, they may have bumped it up a little. I taught 32 years, and my hope is to get in 20 as a parish priest. So... it is a way off still for me. Have fun!

hey brother, the Pacific is 10 minutes from my house, and Ventura is not as nuts as LA

come on out, enjoy your retirement

rev

Good health, happiness and long life. And consider the wisdom of Mahatma Ghandi's advice: Don't worry about small things. There are too many of them.