AK + TS = a blend that makes me all warm on the inside.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattia76

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So at this stage of my pipe smoking, I would say that 90% of the time I stay away from aromatics and instead focus on light englishes or virginias--but only if they contain a bit of what I call "natural sweetness". I can't get into 965, have only had 1 bowl of chelsea morning that I liked, but I really like aged FVF, Frog Morton Across the Pond and Spillman Mixture, you dig? If this makes me a cretin, then so be it. The Cretins must know how to smoke a good bowl!

Now, I know the reality might be that the sweetness in my tobaccos of choice aren't natural at all. But this is beside the point.

The point is this: I have blended something that I think you'll enjoy if you track with my particular tastes.

It is equal parts Anniversary Kake and Trout Stream (both of which are unfortunately only available at www.pipesandcigars.com if I'm not mistaken).

I like both on their own at certain times. Trout Stream tastes and burns like it smells in the pouch, which is rare in an aromatic. It adds an extra dose of sweetness to the Anniversary Kake which is a virginia that's already sweet and a bit sour. The result is delicious.

If you try it, tell me what you think.

Sounds tnteresting I just got some AK today and have been hearing about Trout Stream and will have to purchase some.

On the rare occasion that I want to mix some aro into a blend (in a crowd that I don't want to offend) I almost always use Trout Stream. It's my favorite aro, and mixed about half and half with any good (or even mediocre!) Va or burley blend makes a fine smoke at my end of the shank, and apparently enjoyably fragrant to others at the bowl end.

Natch

Natch":jqrku3v0 said:
On the rare occasion that I want to mix some aro into a blend (in a crowd that I don't want to offend) I almost always use Trout Stream. It's my favorite aro, and mixed about half and half with any good (or even mediocre!) Va or burley blend makes a fine smoke at my end of the shank, and apparently enjoyably fragrant to others at the bowl end.

Natch
Hey Natch, congrats on the 1000 post mark brother!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Yeah, you need to step back from your PC and go outside and smell the roses for awhile. :D :D

Piet Binsbergen":d61nfcsl said:
Natch":d61nfcsl said:

Natch
Hey Natch, congrats on the 1000 post mark brother!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Dang! I didn't even notice.

Natch

Natch":obf2mq33 said:
Piet Binsbergen":obf2mq33 said:
Natch":obf2mq33 said:

Natch
Dang! I didn't even notice.

Natch
:lol!: :cheers: