Aladino Cigars

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Segovia

Reaction score
I've been importing Cuban cigars for years because I found them to be superior in flavor and construction. But then the construction got iffy, so I started to look for alternatives (which is basically the same drill as what Davidoff did on the manufacture side some years ago from what I understand).

Anyway, while I still enjoy the Cuban Montecristo and Partagas cigars that I have and will buy some more as needed, I stumbled across Aladino.

These are Honduran and otherwise entirely Cuban in taste, feel, etc. They are not ridiculously priced and well worth a look, regardless of which shapes that you prefer.

I have no connection with Aladino. just passing this along since there are a ton of premium cigars on the market now and it's hard to pick one over the other.

After Julio and his son Christian Eiroa sold Camacho cigars, both observed a non-compete clause. First, after the non-compete expired, Christian founded CLE cigars, then sometime later Julio reentered cigar manufacturing with Aladino.
I've found Cigar King to have a considerable inventory and reasonable prices.

https://www.cigarking.com/aladino-cigars-by-julio-r-eiroa/

Blackhorse":d52gyc7u said:
If you live in Atlanta how do/did you import Cuban cigars?
hqdefault.jpg

Blackhorse":9q7xyghv said:
Seriously, there are a multitude of off shore retailers who ship to the U.S.

RSteve":rg1jipao said:
Blackhorse":rg1jipao said:
Seriously, there are a multitude of off shore retailers who ship to the U.S.
Yes of course. But you pays your money and you takes your chances.

Make no mistake, I am neither condoning, encouraging, or discouraging this activity. We're all aware this goes on.

However, from the standpoint of moderator at this site I would strongly advise that you keep activities such as this off site. You will clearly understand why.

Your friendly moderator...

:bom:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":3rraqo1y said:

.... from the standpoint of moderator at this site I would strongly advise that you keep activities such as this off site. You will clearly understand why. Your friendly moderator... :bom: Cheers,  RR
Personally, I always try to adhere to all forum rules. As you know, Rande, I go back to the 1990s in the tobacco forums. The discussion of vendors was always hush-hush, PM and email only, and vendors often required a recommendation from another customer. Today, I'm seeing more and more discussion on open forums of off shore vendors of Cuban cigars who ship and guarantee shipment to the U.S. I don't think I've read that anyone had their habano shipment impounded in a decade or longer. In fact, there are a couple of habano vendors who advertise on U.S. cigar forums. And, to the best of my knowledge, no vendors require a recommendation from a current customer.

Keep the vendor ads out of the general forums please. Vendors have their own forum and can toot their own horn if necessary.

Keep the vendor ads out of the general forums please. Vendors have their own forum and can toot their own horn if necessary.
So, you're saying that if we spot a good sale on an item, we shouldn't let others know. So, I guess I also messed up when I posted that Smoking Pipes had 20% off on Sutliff pipe tobacco. Can we be consistent?

So, you're saying that if we spot a good sale on an item, we shouldn't let others know. So, I guess I also messed up when I posted that Smoking Pipes had 20% off on Sutliff pipe tobacco. Can we be consistent?

BoB has always welcomed alerts on deals at vendors. However, posting ads falls under a vendor classification.

HTH

Cheers,

RR

BoB has always welcomed alerts on deals at vendors. However, posting ads falls under a vendor classification.
C'mon Rande, you know that's splitting hairs. The moment you mention a deal at a vendor, it's an ad for that vendor, as it directs a consumer to purchase there. Trust me on this...the most effective vendor advertising that exists is the proverbial "Heads-up." All other advertising, regardless of media, is nowhere near as effective. Having sold millions of dollars in broadcast advertising, I can state without equivocation, the informal directive toward purchasing from a particular vendor from a colleague or peer is the best advertising that exists.

Copy pasting the web page isn't a heads up. It is a form of spam on forums. We have a vendor forum for vendors to post in a manner that helps them.

Mentioning a sale at a vendor usually isn't taken to be spam. Normally it is done in your own words.

That's not splitting hairs. Please, do not do it again.

Okay. I do get many deals from vendors with URLs via email. Most are not advertised or seen on their websites. I shall keep them to myself.

There is no harm in posting that "I just got an email, So and So has got a deal on Perdomo Reserve series, figardo's only, $50 bucks off a box." Then let the readers do the leg work.

Sometimes links are appropriate. Just not a copy/paste of the sale page and nothing else. It's gone from a heads up, to an ad.

While I still enjoy the Cuban Montecristo and Partagas cigars that I have and will buy some more as needed, I stumbled across Aladino. These are Honduran and otherwise entirely Cuban in taste, feel, etc. They are not ridiculously priced and well worth a look, regardless of which shapes that you prefer. I have no connection with Aladino. just passing this along since there are a ton of premium cigars on the market now and it's hard to pick one over the other.
Segovia is correct in that Julio Eiroa sought to replicate a Cuban taste profile with a Honduran cigar. Years ago, some may remember, prior to the Eiroas selling the Camacho brand, Julio blended the Camacho Diploma which was basically made from Cuban seed corojo; wrapper, binder, and filler. Now with Julio's brand, Aladino, he's using 100% corojo filler, with multiple wrappers to create different profiles. For those who wish to sample all three wrappers, a well known vendor in Phoenix has a six cigar house branded sampler for sale at a modest price. It's in the vendor's "Closeout Deals."
I have no connection with Aladino Cigars or the Phoenix vendor.