Albert Mendez

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
In Rick Newcombe's book "In Search of Pipe Dreams" the introduction and epilogue are written by a gentleman by the name of Albert Mendez. I like Ricks book, I read it often (a gift given to me by our own Alfredo Buscatti ) and find it a good conversational bit of information, but what really shines is the writing and reflection of Mr. Mendez. I think he's a fabulous writer and does well in entertaining the reader while maintaining a nice flourish in his writing style. Does anyone know if Mr. Mendez has written anything else on pipes and tobacco?

PD,

Mr. Mendez was a regular contributor to Tom Dunn's "Pipe Smoker's Ephemeris" He wrote quite a bit on pipes and tobacco as well as various stories which featured pipe smoking characters.He published just one issue of "The Pipe Smoker's Thing" which was to become a spin off of the Ephemeris.It must not have taken off as he never sent out issue #2...

If you were a fan of his I'd say to try to buy some old issues of the Ephemeris or TPSE Book #2....

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Yeah, I'd love to have TPSE books 1 and 2, maybe someday. I've never seen them go for less than $150 each though.

I recall someone mentioning that the rights to TPSE had been purchased and that there was a possibility of much of the archived information being made available in a different format. That would be great, too bad nobody was able to pick up where Tom left off as the brotherhood is still alive in spirit.

To the best of my knowledge Jay & Louise Jones of Hermit Tobacco Works own the rights to Books 1 & 2.There was rumors of them reprinting them but nothing concrete yet.I bought my volumes in 2006 for nearly five hundred bucks.I would have killed to buy them at one fifty each :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best,
Dock
:pipe: