An early JT Cooke

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Picked up this very early, it was the 7th pipe JT made in 1987 when it was JT & D Cooke hand printed.

You’d by shocked to see how light the blast work is on this Canted Sitter Cherrywood with Plateau top and smooth sections where he obviously taped to have it look that way.

This pipe has an early elegance to it showing JT had a deft hand even before he developed his deep blasts. The pipe had been smoked less than 5 times in 31 years, I’m happy to say that is no longer the case because it’s the other pipe in rotation with the Peterson Gold Spigot Billiard I posted earlier and an MM Twain with Creamsicle Swirl Forever Stem. Regards and yes, I do have hair!
banjo

30372007288_b116400f09_z_d.jpg

With as often as one can see Cooke's pipes unsmoked on the estate market, I wonder how few actually get smoked. I don't know what that says.

It smokes like a dream Zeno so I don’t know what to think either, either way I’m happy to get the enjoyment someone didn’t get the past 31 years!
Cheers.
banjo

I'm pretty sure this is the first time that I've ever seen you post a picture without a hat on.

Lol, I have a neighbor that went 20 years before seeing me w/o a hat on, we were at a wedding.
banjo

hobie1dog":hrg3ay1i said:
I'm pretty sure this is the first time that I've ever seen you post a picture without a hat on.

P.S. As a kid I hated anything on my head, then I joined the Navy and haven’t gone w/o one since.

If I had to guess why his pipes show up unsmoked I'd guess it's because people bought them as investments. Sorta like fellas going out and buying super expensive custom guns that never leave the gun safe. Sad if you ask me. They were made to be smoked. You are looking like you feel better, I certainly hope so.

Jim

I treat every day as it’s the best gift I ever got and make sure no matter how I feel I don’t spoil someone else’s gift, cheers.
banjo

I totally agree with you, I may have an unsmoked pipe, unfired gun or unfished Bamboo Fly Rod but when that happens it’s just because I’m not completely sold, or bonded, on it yet, sometimes that happens and they get moved to be enjoyed for their intended use.
banjo

huffelpuff":3gd3iap8 said:
If I had to guess why his pipes show up unsmoked I'd guess it's because people bought them as investments. Sorta like fellas going out and buying super expensive custom guns that never leave the gun safe. Sad if you ask me. They were made to be smoked. You are looking like you feel better, I certainly hope so.

Jim

Always great to see your pics Mr. Banjo. Never thought I'd see you without a hat but great to see you enjoying that JT. I too hated hats as a kid. Now I wear them regularly!

Rock on bro!

Cheers,

RR