An ER visit for GIANT kidney stone

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DL wrote: ”Oh my God, that sounds horrible, I'm almost in tears reading it lol“

Well...keep in mind that during the procedure part of the deal you’re totally out. But yeah, the rest is unpleasant enough...but WAY better than the alternative.

Yowzers mate, a bit of a shock to hear but glad it seems to have worked out or maybe that should be worked itself out. :D

Chin up sir

I'm curious. Would not a stone show up on a scan or x-ray?

Very sorry to hear/read this. My sympathetic system is twinging just reading along. I'll keep a candle lit for you sir.

Certainly not the kind of news you wanted to hear BH. Best of luck and hopefully they'll get you in before the weekend.

Jim

Now they just want me to do a three hour offset schedule alternating 600 mg of ibuprofen and the oxycodone/Tylenol...and force fluids to flush the little bad boy out. I have my doubts. Too much like “Take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning.” And take cover! If that marble comes down my wing wang it would pop out the end and ricochet around the facility like that thing in Men in Black! Yoga sez...”Punch a damn hole through a carbon fiber chest protector it would. Nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof I am.”

Whatever.

Oh damn, sorry to hear that. Perhaps a call to another urologist is in order?

Jim

Blackhorse":9wx0q0wg said:
Was in the ER from 7:30 pm - 2:30 am last night for horrible pain (9 on a 10 point scale) related to what turned out to be a big fat kidney stone.  :x This included two and a half hours of writhing in agony waiting to be seen...then some blissful pain meds (fentanyl :drunken: ) and lots of diagnostics.  Even though I’ve taken a daily med for years to prevent stone formation a dainty 9mm stone formed...with all the associated joys.  Yes...I said NINE MILLIMETERS!  Like the bullet!  :affraid:

That puppy ain’t flushing down and out on its own!  Wowzers!  So I’m sitting here waiting for a call back from another doctor to go in and have the dang thing pulverized, etc.  I won’t even start to describe how they do that...pretty hideous.

Think good thoughts toward me Bros...I need ‘em.
I had this (fortunately on a much smaller scale) followed by 20 years of recurring kidney infections -- I hope the treatments are quick and effective!

HP...no other calls will be made. For one thing, in today’s HMO/Medicaid world you go where you’re referred. You can’t shop around like you’re picking a melon from Safeway. Also, these guys are the best. Or at least as good as any other out there. 15 to 20 years in practice after training & testing & certification. I’m guessing they know what they’re up to. Portland isn’t a small town where the urologist also installs leaf guard gutters on the weekends.

I’m just a little “cranky” having to suffer, is all.

Good gravy! I feared this would be what happened when you reported earlier that it somehow found its way out of you unnoticed. Something that large has to be felt unless one is out cold.

And now you say you have 2 of them! Hey-Suess Maria!! Not good at all..... :no:

Cheers,

RR

Ah gotcha. That's the joys of our system. Really hope it goes well for you. Pretty sure I'd be grabbing some Dr by the short and curlies and forcing the issue. You're a far better man than me.

Jim