An ER visit for GIANT kidney stone

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
huffelpuff":i3hnpst5 said:
Ah gotcha. That's the joys of our system. Really hope it goes well for you. Pretty sure I'd be grabbing some Dr by the short and curlies and forcing the issue. You're a far better man than me.

Jim

Yeah...well, I figure I can get better care at my local hospital than at the County Jail. Just sayin’.

After watching Deadwood last night I feel fer ya. Yikes! I had know idea.:shock:

Been there BH, back in 2015 if I remember correctly. Not fun is right, I took 1000 milligrams of Vicodin and it did NOTHING, had to just wait and pace. It never came back and I'm glad, must have passed it when I don't know.
Sorry to hear your suffering sir, I know the sooner it comes out the sooner you'll be painless and enjoy'en life once more. ;)

Yeah...the sad thing is that the prescription that gave the most and the quickest relief was the Fentanyl they gave me in the ER. It’s like the heart of the “opioid crisis” thing that’s been going on. It changed a tooth breaking rictus into a pleasant smile in about thirty seconds for me. Good stuff when medically supervised. Very bad when out in the general population, so to speak. So good and yet so bad.

Blackhorse":ud8ho9se said:
Yeah...the sad thing is that the prescription that gave the most and the quickest relief was the Fentanyl they gave me in the ER.  It’s like the heart of the “opioid crisis” thing that’s been going on.  It changed a tooth breaking rictus into a pleasant smile in about thirty seconds for me.  Good stuff when medically supervised.  Very bad when out in the general population, so to speak.  So good and yet so bad.
Your lucky sir, because of a condition I have Vicodin, Oxycodon, codine, and many others I'm allergic too (in a manner of speaking). They just wire me up and do nothing for pain, morphine and demurral are the only pain killers to date that work on me. And of course you know how they hand them out all the time.

Well, codeine is very often given out...maybe just in the form of cough syrup, I’m thinkin’. And Demerol is also still common, just supplanted by the more modern formulations like the Oxy stuff. I bet most ER’s have all that stuff...and a whole lot more...as pain is their bailiwick. Unfortunately.

Sorry to hear you’re going through all this. Been there and done that. And you’re right you can never be over medicated with stones that are trying to pass.

I’ve had stints twice after kidney stone surgery’s. I was told to save some muscle relaxers and pain meds for after they pull the stints out. The spasms were terrible for over an hour after they were removed.

I hope everything comes out alright.

Since they didn’t find the two giant stones during the “procedure” after my ER experience, they told me to come in and see then in a month. And if I had significant symptoms including major pain...to go to the ER. I understand the rationale. They can’t do another procedure unless they have clear indication of a stone in a “getable” position. Fine. But two 8mm stones have a very, very small chance of being voided on my own...so I have to figure they’re still there...waiting. Tick, tick, tick. Meanwhile I have a pile of drugs on the counter for if and when. I just keep thinkin’ I’m going to wake up with a start in the middle of some night feeling like an elephant just stepped on me. And in general I feel really cruddy...like I had about 1/3 of the flu. Yuk.

Bloody hell, BH, you're getting quite the run around, there. I can't understand why they keep losing them; they're sizeable beasts.

Fingers crossed for you pal.

Stick":uhryel2j said:
Bloody hell, BH, you're getting quite the run around, there.  I can't understand why they keep losing them; they're sizeable beasts.

Fingers crossed for you pal.

Yeah, war is hell. It’s rather like shrapnel from all you glorious bastards!

It’s not the age old stick, it’s the mileage.