An "extreme" restoration of an LJ Peretti Pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelM

Reaction score
I haven't been active on BoB in a while, mostly because I've been working too much and not taking the time to relax and enjoy life.  Well, the bombers knocked me out of my routine this weekend, and I thought I would try to jump back in and share some of the work I've been doing.
This is one of the more challenging restorations I've done so far.  The pipe was literally run through a snow blower!  The poor guy had the pipe in his jacket while he was moving snow, and it slipped out and took a quick trip through the machine.
snowbl10.jpg

I had to add a shank extension to maintain the flow from the stem.  Beyond that it was just a lot of sanding and polishing.
snoblo10.jpg

If anyone is interested in the details you can see the full restoration in the playlist below:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1i3NTe6I5hg" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Thanks for looking,
Mike.

Mike, the repairs look like they went well. Ill be honest I like the color of the repair much better than the original pipe. The new accent piece at the stem junction really sets it all off too. I would say you not only saved that pipe but seriously improved it. Well done!

Jim

huffelpuff":17p02ics said:
Mike, the repairs look like they went well. Ill be honest I like the color of the repair much better than the original pipe. The new accent piece at the stem junction really sets it all off too. I would say you not only saved that pipe but seriously improved it. Well done!

Jim
Thank you Jim, I am glad that you like the final result!
Best,
Mike.

MichaelM

I’ve done a number of restorations and can see you’ve done an outstanding job. Not only a perfect restoration but with that shank extension the pipe looks better. Enjoy your next smoke in that beauty. Well done sir :cheers:

PS, just watched the video you posted. Very nice of you to do the repair for a fellow pipe smoker!!

Wow, amazing! I'm surprised it wasn't spit out in pieces, that owner was pretty fortunate!

Thanks guys! I agree Riff Raff, I expected more of a wood chipper effect, or at least a cracked shank or tenon.