An Unabashed Plug for Todd Harris

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfredo_buscatti

Reaction score
Todd made me a Dublin with saddle stem last winter, and the more I smoke it the more I am in love with it. His small fee is small compensation for its quality; he could get three times the amount charged.

1) It's a smooth with good flame grain. The finish is maroon, which he produced by mixing paints. It's just what I requested.
2) The draw is one of the best features. I find myself in the zone while puffing, the pipe very responsive, like the difference between an average horse and a thoroughbred. A cleaner glides through the pipe, as if the entire surface of the draught had been sanded.
3) I asked for a comfortable saddle bit, and he complied; it's one of the most amenable bits I've smoked. It is Cumberland, and he sealed it with something that made it a bit darker. It is thin, absolutely flat and of the same size from beginning to end. This speaks to the time he put into his stemwork.
4) Tobacco burns down to 2/3s of the chamber's length without a relight. Last night it burned 3/4s.

Pipe smokers like to say that a pipe is a good smoker, but the term has been so overused it has become cliche.

This pipe is a great smoker!

Todd's pipe are wonderful, I've been a fan of his work for a good while now, a very deserved 'plug' indeed. :cheers: 

Please allow me to join you in plugging Todd Harris!

Todd made me a bent Dublin about 5 months ago and it is truly the best smoker that I have. He is a pleasure to deal with, listens to your every word and makes the pipe exactly how you want it. He blew my expectations away!

I hope to have Todd make me another pipe some day!

Here's mine:

Wow. Thank you guys.

The most rewarding part of pipe making, for me, is knowing that there are good folks out there who enjoy my creations.

I am humbled.

Todd

+++ on Todd's work!

Todd and I collaborated on the Celtic Morta Dublin last summer and I've bee so pleased with it that I've commissioned another morta pipe from Todd, this one in the 320 KS author shape.