An Update

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irene Adler

Reaction score
So, I've been working on finishing my demo. It's slow going, but I'm fairly certain most of the recording is as good as it's going to get on a budget of zero. :shock:

Anyway, just because, I thought I'd share one of my potential album covers.

Please let me know what you think. Yes, no, if something should be changed.

I'd appreciate the feedback. =) Thanks a million.

fullcdcoverpreview.jpg

It'll most likely be titled "Seasons". The name to be added when I know for sure that's what I want.

The cover looks good.
Do you want a big letters or a big picture?
Can we have several options for a vote?

Very nice looking cover and an appropriate title, both visually and figuratively.

Not bad, but I think it is a little too busy. I'm not sure why, maybe the typeface for your name is too similar to the decorations in the corners. I think they conflict rather than create cohesion or harmony. I really like the picture and the progression of seasons from spring to winter as illustrated by the leaves; you definitely anchor the whole image, which looks really good. I guess the final look will depend on where the title will go and what typeface you will use. Maybe if your name were bigger, perhaps the picture is overshadowing your lettering, maybe try with your name aligned to the right instead of left? But, again, once the album title is there, it will all come together. Hmmm...the more I am looking at this, the more I like it.

personally I'd go with the avatar and I'm an expert! Designed an album cover back in 1970 something. ;)

Falconer":6hypjymh said:
personally I'd go with the avatar and I'm an expert! Designed an album cover back in 1970 something. ;)
But, you forgot to mention just how stoned you were!!! :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Amy, the cover is beautiful. But, I too sense it to be a bit busy. I would really like to be able to see it without the corner decorations, and with your quite appropriate title (basing that on the picture) under it, "by" in smaller letters, then your name. If you design something like that, keep the fancy script. I think it will work great!

Robert

Falconer wrote:
personally I'd go with the avatar and I'm an expert! Designed an album cover back in 1970 something.

But, you forgot to mention just how stoned you were!!!

VeeViz!!! and after all those nice things I've said about you...no...after all those nice things I thought about...no....oh never mind...but Amy your avatar is head and shoulders above the other! Album covers (CD's) sell 80% by appearance alone.

Falconer":3vf9v1by said:
Falconer wrote:
personally I'd go with the avatar and I'm an expert! Designed an album cover back in 1970 something.

But, you forgot to mention just how stoned you were!!!

VeeViz!!! and after all those nice things I've said about you...no...after all those nice things I thought about...no....oh never mind...but Amy your avatar is head and shoulders above the other! Album covers (CD's) sell 80% by appearance alone.
I may not have said them... I may not have thought them... but, I have... NOPE!!! I AIN'T gonna tell that whopper either!!! :lol:

Very Nice Amy, I really like it. If I may add some input I would suggest a very light cream / tan background as opposed to plain white and look at adding a hint of green to the corner decorations, leaves etc just to add contrast to your name. But very nice and well done!