Anniversary

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure happy that this place is here!!! It sure has been a help to me and a lot of others as well I asume. Very generous and caring people.

I'm glad to have stumbled on this place too. Although an on-off smoker for years I was an ignorant smoker. BOB has opened a new world to me that I never knew existed, I'm continually learning about the different varieties of tobacco, the different styles and makers of pipes, even new bourbons and beers. I'm glad to have the reviews and varied opinions to glean from to help me on the way in this wonderful world of pipe smoking. I appreciate all the different personalities, beliefs and political views; the different nationalities that frequent here also add to the mix.
My thanks to those that laid the foundation and had the forsight to start such an endeavor, and to those that have contributed along the way.
My thanks to all those that give out of their abundance and from the heart to fellow pipers and to our soldiers serving in harms way and away from home.
My thanks for a group that pulls up their Brothers in times of need and loss.
Let us lift our pipes high and smoke a bowl of our best and salute our own Band of Brothers (and Sisters).

JP a meeting at Lamberts celebrating the anniversary of BOB is a great idea. I am all for it.

I too was a member at the 2 Stokers Haven groups. Some members I remember and some I have forgoten. Yarnspinner is a old member that I would really like to hear from and hear how he and his wife are doing now.

Happy Birthday BOB

eggman":y7xlp9gf said:
JP a meeting at Lamberts celebrating the anniversary of BOB is a great idea. I am all for it.

I too was a member at the 2 Stokers Haven groups. Some members I remember and some I have forgoten. Yarnspinner is a old member that I would really like to hear from and hear how he and his wife are doing now.

Happy Birthday BOB
Eggman,

I talked to Yarnspinner not to awfully long ago and he and Ursa are doing well. He lives about 1 hour south east of me. He is still smoking a pipe but he said he just got a little burned out with the whole board culture so to speak. He is also working a rediculous amount of time and he and Ursa have gotten into canoing and have been doing a lot of that. I will call him again soon and check on him. Maybe meet them down at JR's or something.

Like Mark Hale, FTRPLT, and others, I can trace my roots back to the old JRBB.
It's hard to believe that was over 10 years ago. Many boards have come and gone since, but the comfort level here ranks with the best of them.
Thanks Jason.

(It's also hard to believe that troublemaker Justpipes has made it a whole year without being exiled) :D

Mike

Wow... There's Mike. Long time no type. Last I heard of you Jp had run off to Raliegh with all your pipes, we took up a collection to help get you back on your feet but I'd lost your addy so I just bought myself a new Radio. :D

pipemaker":4xqj38gn said:
Like Mark Hale, FTRPLT, and others, I can trace my roots back to the old JRBB.

(It's also hard to believe that troublemaker Justpipes has made it a whole year without being exiled) :D

Mike
If I remember correctly, Mike (Pipemaker) was the ring leader of the JRBB pipe board section meltdown that led to the board's ultimate demise. :) :lol: :)

Just kidding!!!!!!..........WOW! Hard to believe that many of us go back that far! Been a fun ride for just a hobby, more like a lifestyle I'd say!

Jp... You think its wild that some go back that far???

Here's one for you.. There are second generation guys here.

I came late to the ballgame as I didn't show up until a couple years before Knox went down. But I'd been hearing storys of Yarnie and Meer for quite sometime. Pops was a Stokers member, I don't know if he was a JR member or not. He never made it to Knox, said it wasn't the same, etc etc but pointed me in that direction when I made the mostly switch from Cigar to Pipe... Pops hung up his pipes earlier this year as a show of support for Mom when she quit the ole cigs.. They are now my pipes. I have another Bosi,a Pete, a Stanwell, and a ton of Grabows without stems...lol..plus all the baccy,cleaners,reamers,humidors, etc etc
He still had some 'Jack Anniversary Blend' (the original not the stuff he remade because of market demand).. Pretty neat.

puros_bran":vezqnfdp said:
Jp... You think its wild that some go back that far???

Here's one for you.. There are second generation guys here.

I came late to the ballgame as I didn't show up until a couple years before Knox went down. But I'd been hearing storys of Yarnie and Meer for quite sometime. Pops was a Stokers member, I don't know if he was a JR member or not. He never made it to Knox, said it wasn't the same, etc etc but pointed me in that direction when I made the mostly switch from Cigar to Pipe... Pops hung up his pipes earlier this year as a show of support for Mom when she quit the ole cigs.. They are now my pipes. I have another Bosi,a Pete, a Stanwell, and a ton of Grabows without stems...lol..plus all the baccy,cleaners,reamers,humidors, etc etc
He still had some 'Jack Anniversary Blend' (the original not the stuff he remade because of market demand).. Pretty neat.
That's pretty cool PB! 8)

PB,

I hope you got a nice radio with the $1.27 that you collected for me.

MikeB

JP, next time you talk to him tell him I said Hi. Would be cool to meet at JR's sometime. I have heard it is a nice store. Never ben there since it is probably over 10 hours away from me.

Reading about this sure brings back some great memories. We sure had a lot of fun when there wasn't any arguing which reall was very little except towards the end it did pick up a bit as the numbers grew at a fast rate.

regor":668ibgp7 said:
Reading about this sure brings back some great memories. We sure had a lot of fun when there wasn't any arguing which reall was very little except towards the end it did pick up a bit as the numbers grew at a fast rate.
Who's arguing?.............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to all for reminding me that I was ten years younger and a lot wealthier than when I fell in with this bunch :lol!: Thanks for allowing me to support all the wonderful pipemakers and tobacco blenders to whom I have been introduced :evil: And I really appreciate the consistent temptations constantly put before me which I have miserably been unable to resist :twisted: Oh, yeah, thanks for creating the situation where my wife can again ask me "You aren't thinking of buying ANOTHER pipe, are you?" or "Surely you aren't going to buy MORE pipe tobacco, are you?" :affraid: Oh brother....what have I done to deserve such a fate????? :cheers: :santa: :pipe: FTRPLT

ftrplt":yv0hvoqg said:
Thanks to all for reminding me that I was ten years younger and a lot wealthier than when I fell in with this bunch :lol!: Thanks for allowing me to support all the wonderful pipemakers and tobacco blenders to whom I have been introduced :evil: And I really appreciate the consistent temptations constantly put before me which I have miserably been unable to resist :twisted: Oh, yeah, thanks for creating the situation where my wife can again ask me "You aren't thinking of buying ANOTHER pipe, are you?" or "Surely you aren't going to buy MORE pipe tobacco, are you?" :affraid: Oh brother....what have I done to deserve such a fate????? :cheers: :santa: :pipe: FTRPLT
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Every man for himself!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: