Announcing the 2014 BOB pipe of the year project!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is extremely beautiful! She has so much talent! I know that is going to be a cherished pipe, BH. :D

Outstanding. Another fine example of her ability. I'm in love with mine. Need to post a pic. It will contrast noticeably with yours.

After receiving my POY from Miss Scottie I finally stopped staring at it and gave some thought to smokin' the little beauty. I don't remember if S ever mentioned something about an homage to clays...but it's absolutely there. The shape, the straw stem, the diminutive size...oh yeah! So it led me down that Euro path and I ended up in the jardin de Semois.

Brothers and sisters, there cannot be more of a match made in heaven! The open draw of the POY amps down slightly, the low ember burn of the dry cured Semois keeps a low temp (it never once got hot) in bowl and the little bale of goodness stayed super sweet and delicious throughout. I was absolutely stunned it performed so dang well.

Scottie had mentioned one owner reported good luck with rope. Well, you couldn't get anything further from the physical characteristics of Semois than rope! And while I do indulge in the dark and heavy blends pretty often, the Semois provided such a perfect experience, I ain't changing. Fate has declared a match.

Congrats on your gorgeous pipes guys! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Here are the promised pics of my BotB PotY. Mine is unstained an blasted. Quite to my personal taste. For me these are pretty decent pictures but again it looks way better in hand. Thanks Scottie.

Excellent pipe, Love the finish.

I finally came to my senses and realized that this POY was too good to pass up. I placed my order earlier this week.

Received my BoB PotY in the mail over the busy weekend I had...

I knew they would be small, but it is smaller than I expected. This is in NO way a bad thing, just an observation. Awesome looking little pipe, I didn't get to smoke it over the weekend, but I will very very soon.

Great job Scottie, well done!

Blackhorse":qfdsibl1 said:
Ohhh! That's a great one!
It really is...

Enjoyed a smoke of Peterson's Sweet Killarney (a tin sent by our friend in Alaska)

Very nice pipe!

Blackhorse":7zylhigv said:
Don't know if you saw, but I first tried some Semois in mine. Oh baby, what a pairing! The size of the pipe seems to match the burn characteristics of the Semois perfectly.
Ima gonna do dis. T'anks, guvnor.

Blackhorse":bfochjns said:
Don't know if you saw, but I first tried some Semois in mine. Oh baby, what a pairing! The size of the pipe seems to match the burn characteristics of the Semois perfectly.
I tried Semois when it first became available in the states, and was underwhelmed.  Thanks for the suggestion...maybe I'll give it another go someday

I hope you are all enjoying your pipe!

I have the last two orders started and should have them finished by weeks end.

I will take orders through Friday of this week. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in getting one.

It's time to shut it down! The last pipe goes out in the mail tomorrow. I want to thank you all for supporting me this fall and hope you all enjoy your BoB pipes for years to come!

Scottie :D