Another antique store find

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

behindbars1544

Reaction score
Second pipe out of my three antique shop scores is an older caminetto business with a black and silver pearlized stem. I believe this to be in the era of when Radice worked for them but I'm not positive. Basing it on the thin gold moustache on the stem. Whoever owned this chewed on the stem like he was chewing on bubblegum but I got it back to perfect condition with a lot of work. Some of the staining has worn off, especially around the rim due to heavy tar build-up, but otherwise in perfect condition. Again, not bad for $15.

Headed up to the antique store today to look for some pipes only to find that they are closed today. Hopefully I'll have better luck tomorrow

That’s a great looking pipe. I’ve wanted a caminetto for years. How does it smoke?

Probably from the same collection as the Castello. Lucky Ducky! When ever I walk through an antique shop all I ever see is grandpa's stinky Dr.G's, YB's and Medico's that they'd have to pay me to take home. :shock:

daveinlax":z5u7xhud said:
Probably from the same collection as the Castello. Lucky Ducky! When ever I walk through an antique shop all I ever see is grandpa's stinky Dr.G's, YB's and Medico's that they'd have to pay me to take home. :shock:
I hear ya! Or, in my case, I find an old Comoy that they want $60.00 for. It's been there for 2 years and the price hasn't come down.

By the tooth indentations i had to repair on both i'd say yes to it being the same collection.