Another damn wasp nest! (long rant)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ajn27511":de7yhk6b said:
Rande I think you've been cursed by the Guardian of the Wasp Empire. What they are really after is all the great Va.'s and Vapers you have in your stash. I will volunteer to act as emissary and take a portion of your stash to them as an offering. I think somewhere between 8-10 pounds should be sufficient. Just an opinion but I think any Va.'s such as 5100 RC or FMC 2000 would be nice and maybe about a couple of dozen tins or so of a VaPer like Escudo would be appropriate. Not sure how they feel about English and Balkans but if you happen to have a pound or two of Arango Balkan Supreme you might want to toss that in a to add a little insurance. We certainly don't want to offend them by being chinsy with your offering. I'm sure you see the enormous risk I'll be taking on your behalf but that's what friends do, right? The sooner you get the tobacco to me the sooner I can make the offering to them. You think you might get it all in the mail say by Tuesday morning? :pirat:

AJ

ja ja, alvays mit ta chokes!

:joker:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":49927ze6 said:

Cheers,

RR
What? Who me? I'm just trying to help my friend and protect him for the dangers that await him in his laundry room. Surely no one could begrude an old man willing to risk his well being for a friend? Besides what's a few pounds of fine tobacco between friends and it's going for such a good cause. I'm sure after you give this more consideration you'll see it's to your benefit to send that small portion of your stash to me so I can take care of your problem. Afterall we're brothers right? Anyway I thought it my duty to give you the benefit of my experience in such matters. Not everyday you find someone so adept in helping others reduce the size of their stash problems and get so much in return. :)

AJ

ajn27511":wcvpjs02 said:
Brewdude":wcvpjs02 said:

Cheers,

RR
What? Who me? I'm just trying to help my friend and protect him for the dangers that await him in his laundry room. Surely no one could begrude an old man willing to risk his well being for a friend? Besides what's a few pounds of fine tobacco between friends and it's going for such a good cause. I'm sure after you give this more consideration you'll see it's to your benefit to send that small portion of your stash to me so I can take care of your problem. Afterall we're brothers right? Anyway I thought it my duty to give you the benefit of my experience in such matters. Not everyday you find someone so adept in helping others reduce the size of their stash problems and get so much in return. :)

AJ

Lemme guess AJ.....you used to be a lawyer. Am I right?

;)

Oh, and I've been watching for fliers out back. Saw one very small wasp looking for a way into the woodwork yesterday, but this one was avoiding the areas that had been treated. It eventually flew off. No telling if it was from the original nest.

There again, the pest service said it would be normal to see some activity for a week or two. But their spray had residual effect for months.

Saw nowt today. And no dead ones in my laundry room window sill. I'll wait until next weekend before I open that rear door. No telling what will spill down out of there.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":joioj7fr said:
Lemme guess AJ.....you used to be a lawyer. Am I right?

;)
No not a lawyer. Actually I come from a long line of Bullshitters Crooks people who like to help others resolve their problem of having too much of anything. :twisted: :twisted:  :lol!:

AJ

Edit: Wait a minute, Isn't that what a lawyer does?

I normally just ignore wasps, as they are usually of the type that is looking for spiders to entomb with an egg on it. A few days ago I go out the back door, just like usual. I see a few wasps around. As usual. Set my phone and keys down while I am working on ham radio stuff. I should also mention that we seem to accumulate piles of boxes. I threw a fit once about piling them next to the back door and so now they pile up outside the back door on the patio until I burn them.

You can see where this is headed.

So the phone rings and I go up an answer it. As I am talking I suddenly have a dozen or so wasps around me. Before I can do anything one stings me on the back of my left middle finger. I tossed the phone, cussed up a blue streak and made myself scarce. Then I investigate. They are all interested in one box. I figure out that these are some kind of nesting wasp, maybe hornets. Turns out they were a reddish brown/black sort of wasp. With a touch of yellow.

I House and Garden Raided them from the back door. Got 20 or so dead ones on the patio and then snagged that box and some other junk and burnt the whole mess. Had a couple stragglers around the next day that I may have hit with some spray.

Funny, my finger swelled a bit and the entire back of my hand was swollen. Itched for a couple days also.

Update

A week after the exterminator came and did his thing, I have not seen any sign of wasps except for what I posted 5 days ago. Every day I've spent a little time out on the deck watching for fliers around the area of entry. And while none have been seen during those episodes (a potential good sign) it's not a guarantee. 

Still, I'm optimistic that this chapter is finally closed. Sometime this weekend I'll open up the rear door to the deck and be prepared to vacuum up all the debris, dead wasps, etc. And finally put this behind me........

:| 

Cheers,

RR

I thought about you today.
My son and I were replacing a window air conditioner
and when we pulled it out, it had about a half dozen wasp
nests in it.   I'm pretty happy they were all dead already.   :twisted:

"Does pipe smoke repel wasps?"

A question that must be asked... for SCIENCE!

deathmetal":mcz768zn said:
"Does pipe smoke repel wasps?"

A question that must be asked... for SCIENCE!

Dunno about that, but suspect not.

Essentially 2 weeks after the bug squad and no fliers or dying wasps in the window well. Time to open the rear door and see what happens.

But not tonight..........

:sleep:

Cheers,

RR