Another end of an era?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
Well, went to reorder more Yenidji for my blends, as I'm down to my last bit. I finally wrangled up some Basma, no easy task!!

It's all gone. Leaf only, whole leaf, tobacco seeds, and George,( pronounced Yargo) from Thrace, all are out of stock.

Any other optional recommendations would be appreciated. This omission will put an end to five of my home blends.

A sad day in Oz....

Midwestern Summer
Incestuous Blend
Ozark Mountain Tea
Oriental 2015
BBQ Blend
A Yenidji Supreme match
Pebble Castle
Florida Sunshine

OW,

Have you tried contacting Mark Ryan at D&R?

Not too long ago he was selling Yenidji under the Blender's Bench label..

DrumsAndBeer":2p3byh2g said:
OW,

Have you tried contacting Mark Ryan at D&R?

Not too long ago he was selling Yenidji under the Blender's Bench label..
No, I have not! Guess I should figure out how to get a hold of him. Thanks for the heads up!

Yup, I sent an email to that site earlier. I also took down the phone number. I'll be giving them a jingle Monday!

Thanks guys, let's see where this goes!

Fr_Tom":ib4qi4br said:
Ozark Wizard":ib4qi4br said:
Yup, I sent an email to that site earlier. I also took down the phone number. I'll be giving them a jingle Monday!

Thanks guys, let's see where this goes!
Have you ever tried this? https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/blending-turkish-ribbon-cut/2008040/#p-2007819
No, I haven't. I went ahead and ordered a pound of whole leaf Krumovgrad.(?) It's been alleged that it's somewhere between Basma and Yenidji. We'll see. Could have bought a box of PS LBF for what it cost with shipping....

One way or another, there will be some modifications to the recipes to achieve the same results. Back to the laboratory!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble sourcing your orientals. It may indeed take some serious reformulation to get close to what you were used to using. Tobacco seems to be in a seriously poor state lately as to availability. Sigh onward and upward hopefully.

Jim

Well, the Krumovgrad arrived today.....

Not the same.

Not bad, actually I get the description being a halfway between Yenidji and Basma. I'm tasting more Basma than Yenidji though. Not that bright, soda pop floral action I find in the straight "Queen of tobaccos".

The search continues!

Put a call into Daughters & Ryan (866-942-7364). I had emailed them about the Blender's Bend Series and that it wasn't showing in the catalog. I was told some are still available but you'll need to call the store to order them.
Hope this helps.

glassjapan":ufqct6mi said:
Put a call into Daughters & Ryan (866-942-7364). I had emailed them about the Blender's Bend Series and that it wasn't showing in the catalog. I was told some are still available but you'll need to call the store to order them.
Hope this helps.
Thank! I hope to get into town tomorrow where I have better phone service and will call them. :D