Another hello from Texas

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrCurling

Reaction score
I have been looking at different aficionado sites for estate pipes for some years. I have just found this site and decided this is the site to join for more information. I used to smoke cigars, pipes and cigarettes recently I have switched to using a personal vaporizer with home made nicotine liquid as it is a personal health choice for my family and myself. Yet I find my self with a little conundrum, I have 120 plus pipes that I inherited from my grandfather along with displays and tobacco canisters. I have only stored them until recently when I decided to take them out of their container and snap some pictures, and find out from where they came from. Now I am really interested in learning more about these magnificent pipes before I decide if they should find a new home with someone who will appreciate them more.

Of the collection there are
14 James Upshall 1 has a broken stem
6 Meerschaum
11 Savinelli 1 has a broken stem
11 Edwards
and 5 Whitehall
And a lot of others.

There are a few different folders with each set of pipes.
blakd.imgur.com

Thank you for the welcome. I will say this, I have thought about turning some of these in to e-pipes but finding out that most if not all came from Europe I don't know now about doing that to them is a good idea.

Welcome to the BoB MrCurling, pleasure to have you here.

Welcome. I would say smoke the real thing in a pipe and enjoy the pleasure of the pipe. Sounds like you have the tools. Post some pics.

I have updated some of the pic on my imgur account. Have added Folders with each pipe maker and those I do not know. Sorry for the bad pictures.

There are a couple of Edwards guys here, most notably atwageman. PM him for some info on those pipes. Savs are Italian... Could help you with age if we knew whether or not they took a balsa insert or not. The Upshalls are a quality English pipe that tend to be more traditional.

And, welcome!