another Michigander

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bosun1

Reaction score
Smoking pipes since ~ 1968. Recently retired and getting back to pipes (trying to get away from those da**ed cigs entirely). Going through the back pages of the forum. a lot of interesting info & people!

Greetings from southeastern Michigan and welcome to the Brotherhood.

Thanks for the welcome folks! I'm from Marysville...just south of Port Huron, about 50 miles north of Detroit,and right across the St Claire River from Chemical Valley, Ontario (g)..

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your time here, as well as the retirement!

"T"

Natch":e3db7hyx said:
Welcome. I'm a Yooper by birth, so they say I'm a Michigander, but as you know, the UP doesn't quite see it that way! :lol:

Natch
Natch... We cant all be from the "Superior State".... some have to be Trolls and Flatlanders too!!!!!

Natch":2ht6xuyk said:
Welcome. I'm a Yooper by birth, so they say I'm a Michigander, but as you know, the UP doesn't quite see it that way! :lol:

Natch
Yah, I know what you mean. But I've been in the Soo during winter and through the Keewenaw and Superior during the summer. Summer for those not from the area is considered when its too slushy to snow mobile (g).

Thistleoak":v3mlsp7w said:
Natch":v3mlsp7w said:

Natch
Natch... We cant all be from the "Superior State".... some have to be Trolls and Flatlanders too!!!!!
I remember back in the '70s when their was some "serious" talk about the northern third of Wisconsin and the UP breaking away from their respective states and forming the 51st state of Superior (what a great name for a State, hey?). But then they did an economic impact study and without Madison and Lansing sending us our welfare checks each month, life would have been harsh. Some estimates are that Superior would immediately be the poorest state in the U.S.! But I planned to be the first governor of Superior. :lol:

Natch

GuitarMyFriend":jh1lgx1t said:
Another Michigander!!! What part? Pretty soon, We'll consume the state!!!
Zach
Scenic Marysville. An hour north of Detroit along the St. Claire River..