Another Thank You is in Order for Alfredo Buscatti

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justpipes

Reaction score
I have to say thank you to Alfredo Buscatti for great fellowship of the pipe as he and I had the opportunity to get together this past Saturday at JR's. As I was walking into their smoking lounge Alfredo greeted me with a very generous bag of Cumberland and told me that I really needed to try it and give it a fair go. I immediately loaded a bowl of it into a Ben Wade Danish Hand Model 200 and never looked back. Cumberland is awesome! Of course the generous amount that Alfredo gave me has been aging for almost three years so I hope that I don't get spoiled. When I purchase some I don't know if I will have the patience to wait that long for the aging process. I plan to write a review of this tobacco but promised Alfredo that I wouldn't until I had smoked the whole bag. This stuff is so good I don't know if I will be able get through the whole bag before having to announce it from the roof tops! :!: :eek:

Thank you very much Mike! You are a very kind sort!

:) :) :)

Several years ago on Alfredo's, and others recommendations, I put a way an 8oz bag. Then followed that up with some others.

You know. I cannot remember smoking Cumberland. But I still have a tin of Cumberland X I am working on. It's a bit different. Good stuff, but I suspect age has treated it much differently.

I recently traveled to Cincy from Harrisburg, PA and smoked Cumberland the whole way there and back. Such good stuff! I had forgotten I had it and, when making 'baccy decisions for my trip, stumbled upon it. Can't say enough good things about this blend.

What Justpipes didn't say is that two weeks before he'd given me two samples, and that knowing his giving ways, I knew that the only way to keep up with him would be to gift him with a hefty sample of quite good, aged tobacco. Thus although I may be presently one-up in gifting, I don't think that that will last for long. . .

Envious? Why would I show envy? Just that three YO Cumberland has to be an extra-ordinary experience. Of all the Pease, Cumberland and Robusto are, to me, the highest levels of his blending skills. I'll separate the late Aleister and Winter's Tale, since neither will ever see the light of day again, and some things are best never replicated, just live with their memories. Both Cumberland and Robusto are so simple, yet flavorful beyond how their components should taste. Very lucky guys; good fellowship, good tobacco, good location. Life doesn't get much better.

What year did Cumberland come out? Darned if I can remember(crs) :cyclops:

morleysson":07tjknlz said:
Very lucky guys; good fellowship, good tobacco, good location. Life doesn't get much better.
Morleysson,

Life is good! :D