Anthony Cranswick "Castle" blends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc Manhattan

Reaction score
Any of you gents have any experience with Anthony Cranswick blends?

As most of you know, there's a wicked sale on both AC Green and Blue Castle at SmokingPipes, reputedly both nice Danish aromatics. Not my usual smoke, but every so often I get a sweet tooth (and I certainly don't mind the female attention a good aro can get on campus.) But a lousy aromatic should be avoided at any price.

TobaccoReviews has next to nothing on the brand--any guidance you could provide would be appreciated.

Blue Castle is not bad at all. Usual mild-medium strength blend. The cherry flavor comes though just a bit. Do not pack it too tight or smoke it too fast and you will find it enjoyable, if you like these sort of blends.

I do not recall it being a tongue biter. Well, at least not as dangeous as MacBaren seems to be for many people.

Never tried the green. I would expect it to be identical except for the flavoring.

Comes in a fair sized tin with a press-fit lid. Similar to a paint tin. Seems to seal well.

Thanks for the tip, Carlos! I don't mind a good cherry blend now and then, but there are so many bad ones that smell of Luden's Cough Drops.

I pulled the trigger on a few tins of each. If I like 'em, I got a real deal; if I hate 'em, tant pis, and watch this spot for "Who wants a free tin?"

just got mine in the mail green label
very dry not to my liking at all , personally sorry i bought it
taste is good but way too dry

I have an open tin of the Green, and you are correct--it's quite dry. But I was expecting that based on the Smokingpipes.com newsletter. A humidifying disc helped a little, but it is what it is, and for $1/oz. it's not bad. The vanilla's not cloying, and it plays well with the bright Virginias. Won't stock up on it, but it's good enough for the price.

vanilla1":ezjbrqkx said:
just got mine in the mail green label
very dry not to my liking at all , personally sorry i bought it
taste is good but way too dry
Re-hydrate it.

yes i will rehydrate it ....it will get smoked but not one i will stock up on
some people like tobacco dry but i like some moisture
could not beat the price at all