Any one with a hip replacement?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bub

Reaction score
I was diagnosed with moderate arthritis in my right hip that progressed to severe arthritis late in July. Since it has a significant impact on the quality of my life, I am going to get a total right hip replacement later in August. There are a variety of ways to replace a hip but my doctor will use the posterior approach. Replaced hips can last up to 20 years, so mine will have a lifetime guarantee.
Any one get a new hip?

I had a hip replaced almost a year ago.So far no problems.I had around 20 rehab visits.I use a cane outside for balance.Doc says it's important that I don't fall and knock something out of place...You should do just fine.

Haven't had one myself and don't suspect I'll be in need of one. However I've known at least one guy that had a double hip replacement, and seemed to come out of it fine.

Also seem to remember that there was (is?) a class action lawsuit for those that received a specific brand of hip replacement that created problems. Don't recall any of the details so can't vouch for its authenticity.

Cheers,

RR

Bud had major hip surgery on my right hip when I was 30. They thought they were going to have to do an emergency replacement. Instead they just cleaned out a massive pocket of infection closed me up and sent me packing. Whatever you do don't let them convince you that you don't need physical therapy afterwards. They told me it would be wasted effort as they really hadn't done anything to my hip. Its almost 20 years now since I've been able to touch my right foot. Definitely not worth the loss of motion.

As to the recall.....yes there were a couple of brands that were affected but by and large the stuff out there today is top quality and should out last you. I wouldn't hesitate to have it done as long as you trust your Dr. Best of luck with it brother.

Jim