Any plans for a special New Years smoke or beverage?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggman

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has a special blend or cigar that they plan on smoking to ring in the New Years?

I am considering smoking a opus x I’ve had in the humidor for 4 or 5 years. If not that I am considering opening up a 15y/o tin of Presbyterian mixture. As far as beverages I’ve got a bottle of Johnny Walker black my wife bought me for Christmas a couple years back that’s just collecting dust in the cabinet. Or I have some old charter my father gave me a few months before he passed. He has been on my mind lately. So maybe a charter and coke might be a good idea too.

What’s everyone else’s plans?

Have some bourbon, watch New Year's Rockin' Eve, fall asleep about 11pm! Probably smoke a bowl of Carter Hall during the evening. Whatever, yall have a happy New Year! Be safe too! :drunken:

Not so much. I'll be up tending baby animals and the wood stove in the barn to keep everyone warm and water thawed. Might have a snort of something, and definitely smoking a pipe. I'll have to see what strikes my fancy at the time... It's supposed to be in the teens for low temps, so just staying warm will be the focus.

Nothing special planned. Hard choice there between the Johnny Walker and what you got from Dad. On one hand, bourbon doesn't bottle age so not missing anything there, but in the other hand there is the sentimental value of it. It's one of those conundrums of when is the right time to drink it?

Corncobcon":sj5sd5bx said:
Have some bourbon, watch New Year's Rockin' Eve, fall asleep about 11pm! Probably smoke a bowl of Carter Hall during the evening.  Whatever, yall have a happy New Year! Be safe too! :drunken:
Carter hall, now that’s a blend I haven’t smoked in a long time. I always liked it though. My wife likes it too. She liked it in cigarettes when we bought tubes and rolled our own.

My tradition is to be in bed around 10 P.M. on New Year's Eve. :D

Been eyeing that Dark Star jar for tonight and a buddy got me a bottle of Oola Bourbon which got crazy reviews. Staying close to the homestead tonight and let the amateurs have at it.

Some random dark deliciousness from my secret Santa cigar stash with a Sammy smiths oatmeal stout for now. After dinner, quiet nights with some lowland single malt. Maybe macallan fine oak 15

allyby":tqdke7il said:
Macallun is a Speyside, sometimes labelled as Highland.
I did not know that. It one of my favorites though, after the belvenie Caribbean cask. I learned something new today, haha. I prefer speysides in general.

W.L. Weller 12y.o. Bourbon and some McClelland Christmas Cheer (Haven't decided which year to pop just yet...)

Every new year I open something special at midnight. This time, it was a bag of Stonehaven given to me for my birthday. I sure missed smoking the stuff. Jarred half of it, and will smoke the rest.