Any Sonnet fountain pen users out there ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monbla256

Reaction score
Bought my first one, a Black lacquer w/18k M nib in 1995 and thought I'd get a Sterling Silver Cisele w/18k F nib in 1998. Both have been good writing pens with even ink flow and using the included converter hold a sufficient amount of ink. As with most modern Parker nibs they are somewhat stiff albeit VERY smooth putting a nice even full amount of ink on the paper. Mine are the ones with the slim gold cap band and a black cap jewel which i like over the newest versions with the wide cap band and no cap jewel. Any of you folks own one and what have your experiences been? :twisted:

Hi Michael,

Yes, I have a much loved Sonnet. Like yours it's a black lacquer, but a later version with the wider band. I love mine and use it daily. It's well travelled too and as such has significant sentimental value. I dropped it a few years back with the cap posted.  Murphy's law held true and it landed on its nib, bending it badly. I ordered and fitted a replacement and it has given me fine service again. Like my seiko timepiece with an automatic  mechanical movement, it's a treasured companion that's never far from my side.

You are not alone!

I bought a gold (color) Sonnet in the late 90s. It is great to write with.