Any tips on how to smoke a MacArthur?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dillon

Reaction score
Today I bought a bent MacArthur at a B&M and was wondering if anyone here has experience with MacArthurs and can tell me a little about, ah, how to smoke it? I'm really curious about how I can best pack, relight, and tamp it and clean out the dottle. Thanks in advance!

I'm not too familiar with this pipe, but after looking it up on the MM web site, it looks like all you really need would be some 10" pipe cleaners, like those used for cleaning churchwardens and you'd be set.
As far as a tamper, a suitable length of dowel in the proper diameter would fit the bill nicely.

The actual smoking would not very from normal procedure.

Good Luck!

I don't think I have a dowel available per se, but I have flat-ended pens I could use, and a fully extended Czech tool will reach all the way to the bottom. I guess there really isn't an easy lighting solution for them--I'll just have to work on my rhythm and keeping a light.

I had been running into some issues as well with mine as well... right up until the stem broke. :x