Anybody Else Have A Bad Cold/Flu?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
If I were a horse some nice fella whould have had the good consciense to put me down by now...Three days with this wretched flu! :x :x :x

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Yo Dock, I'll send ya a box of kleenex! :tongue: Ken
pacem en Nose!! :tongue: :pirat:

Fix yourself a few rum toddy's. It probably won't cure you but it'll make being sick more tolerable. :)

Yep, started feeling bad Thursday evening. By Friday afternoon I thought for sure I had the flu. Called the doc, his office was closed...but his nurse said with the symptoms I described, I should probably visit the ER. So off we went...my wife and I spent four hours Friday night in the ER, only to be told it wasn't the flu, but some other viral respiratory infection which is fairly rampant right now.

The ER doctor told me that he was concerned (because of my age...lol) that there could be a secondary infection. So he put me on a run of antibiotics.

I spent most of the weekend in bed, but I went back to work this morning. If it wasn't the flu, I want no part of it. Still have a really deep, chest rattling cough.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Dock.

Mike

I got whacked really bad with it in january, stomache flu, fever, etc. Lasted a good week. Am now in day 2 of a sinus thing - i feel ok but not quite myself and have some major allergy-like symptoms. I usually get bad allergies in april but never this early so not sure that it isn't just a headcold. Pipe has no taste, this sucks :evil:

I have had it for a week. Started with sinus. Eyes hurt, teeth hurt. Now it's more of a mild cough. Starting to break up good.

Dock, Gospel, Carlos, I hope you guys get well soon! Sickness stinks!

This S**T is everywhere. I've been traveling (work) for three weeks; being very careful (lots of soap and water, no touching face/eyes, using anti-bacterial wipes and gels, etc.). Still caught some sinus mess; but not the flu. Got home...wife's sicker then hell with the flu!! Got her to the doctor; meds working great! This stuff is hard to get rid of!! Hope everyone gets well soon. FTRPLT

I am going to start the third week of it next week. Still some sinus pain and pressure on one side. Teeth ache etc. Today I am doing a course of decongestant and Aleve. Seems to be breaking more of that crud up.

Dock, Gospelman, Carlos, ftrplt - I hope you are all feeling better by now. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourselves!

TC

Tom Clemons":xk8q4bm3 said:
Dock, Gospelman, Carlos, ftrplt - I hope you are all feeling better by now. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourselves!

TC
Thanks Tom. I'm feeling better, but still have this cough that's lingering. It's been over a week now. It seems to be breaking up, slowly but surely.

Mike

Thanks for all the kind words folks! This is the first day that felt even semi normal in over a week :lol: This was quite possibly the worst flu I've had in a decade :x

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Thanks for the good karma guys! :D

Dock, did you have the flu or this viral sinus thing going around? Mine was the viral sinus thing. Still doctoring for it, but I am in the hamshack today.

I haven been online much for the past week because I've been fighting that sinus/viral thing. Man was I messed up!!! It's going on nine days now and I'm finally starting to feel better.

I am sorry to see that so many others have been down as well!

My son has had it and I am like walking around behind him with a Lysol can, running him out of every room in the house. I haven't gotten it yet and I am going to great lengths to keep it from happening!

Hope you guys get to feeling better!

Going on day 3 here. Both myself and my wife have it at the same time. Am able to get up and move around a bit more today, but only for a bit. Everything hurts. Feel like I did when I was in a head-on collision. Hoping it's not true; but from what I'm hearing; we're in for a week of feeling like crap.

If you haven't gotten it yet; I pray you don't! And for those of you who have it; get better soon.

Well, I made it to work all week. Still have a bit of the sinus cold hanging in there. Just minor.

But it seems to have messed my sense of taste and smell up. I can taste and I can smell, but not with the usual level. Things seem bland.

I got a package of 16 tins yesterday. Thought I would try Irish Flake for the first time. I was looking for an extraordinary experience because of the vitamin N level that is supposed to exist. It was ok. A bit bland. Maybe med-strong. But no vivid colors or that green feeling in the stomach or anything. Dang! Thought maybe it would jump-start the taster. Looks like it's only going to be half-there until I completely get rid of this cold.

:x

You need to smoke some rope and a take a few slugs of rye whiskey Carlos! You'll burn that bug right outta there! :lol: