Anybody familiar with Peterson's "Belgique" model ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustyRoundup

Reaction score
Hot dang! I think my Gal has PAD... she ask's every monday and thursday, what new pipes are in at Smokingpipes .

I thought for sure I was in the doghouse after last weeks episode of FVF Fever.

She wants to get more green pipes, (Poor me Huh? )
But , I'm kind of wanting at least one of each "series" , and the Killarney reds are catching my eye...

But they have a few "Belgiques" and a couple of those have really nice grain patterns. They have a bowl that is slightly smaller than my 317,and are being marketed as a nice pipe for bent flake tobacco.

My 317 bowl is my favorite for my Va's, so this Belgique is kind of reaching out to me.

have any of you smoked one, or had one , to where you could give me your input as to how you liked it ?

DustyRoundup":j0gkm0m9 said:
Hot dang! I think my Gal has PAD... she ask's every monday and thursday, what new pipes are in at Smokingpipes .

I thought for sure I was in the doghouse after last weeks episode of FVF Fever.

She wants to get more green pipes, (Poor me Huh? )
But , I'm kind of wanting at least one of each "series" , and the Killarney reds are catching my eye...

But they have a few "Belgiques" and a couple of those have really nice grain patterns. They have a bowl that is slightly smaller than my 317,and are being marketed as a nice pipe for bent flake tobacco.

My 317 bowl is my favorite for my Va's, so this Belgique is kind of reaching out to me.

have any of you smoked one, or had one , to where you could give me your input as to how you liked it ?
I'm not familiar with the "Belgique" models but bieng a grp 1 size bowl they are just a bit small for me :p I'd go for some of those G.Huybrecht Bulldogs they have on sale for my Virginia's myself !!

wow. i usually dont like peterson shapes too much, but those are awesome looking!

sleek and stylish

I dont know about that model, But if you can some time get your self a peterson 303. I have one in fact Im smoking her right now. The bowl isnt real deep but burns well, shes a great smoker.
IMG143.jpg

I have a pre rep Belgique love it. As you know the bowl is pretty large for the small pipe measuring 5/8" ID and 1 1/4" deep.My pipe is just shy of 6" long and only weighs 11.7 grams. the bowl is not tapered which makes the capacity rather nice. Depending on what tobacco you load you will get a 30- 45 min smoke. The Belgique has thin walls so you have to sip very slowly and tamp more than usuall. The newer models hava a fishtail stem which i believe makes the newer pipes not as delicate as my military p lip. If you decide to get the Belgique I am sure you will not be dissapointed. MIKE

I friend of mine had one (sold off most of collection a few years ago), but I never did. He never had a bad thing to say about it.

Dusty, judging by the other thread you started about cobs/bowl size/cake/smoking time, I'm guessing the bowls on these are probably right up your alley!

No dangit, I never did get one.

I still look at them about every other week, and him and haw about it.

Then I go gettin something different.

I should though, because Ive been working my Sav. Churchwarden a little too much lately, and the Belgique would be good for an evening Virginia smoke.

Please post if you do get one yourselves,