Anybody planning a Spring or Summer fun trip yet?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never been to a pipe show but would love to go. Sounds great.
Me too. I'd just hang out in the smoking tent for all the hours it's open, just smoking and visiting with other pipe smokers. I might take a peek at some pipes, but I'm done buying.

Long drives are a great passion of mine too. I’d rather drive 20 hrs in 2 days than fly 2 hrs to get to the same place.
When I was much younger and had an eager female traveling companion, I also enjoyed the long drives. Older, I'd rather teleport in an instant.
For an inexplicable reason, my late wife deigned conversation while driving, much preferring to sit quietly and watch the landscape or snooze. She might curtly respond if I attempted a conversation, but she'd never initiate one. When not in the car, she was effervescently conversational. If I elected to have the radio playing, volume had to be very low.

When I was much younger and had an eager female traveling companion, I also enjoyed the long drives. Older, I'd rather teleport in an instant.
For an inexplicable reason, my late wife deigned conversation while driving, much preferring to sit quietly and watch the landscape or snooze. She might curtly respond if I attempted a conversation, but she'd never initiate one. When not in the car, she was effervescently conversational. If I elected to have the radio playing, volume had to be very low
Maybe she dealt with some sort of minor car sickness.

Natch…just saw your historical photo of the bear with its nose into the window. Is that a ‘k49 Ford Wagon WOODY? OMG. Bet you wish you still had that one!

View attachment 4347
That was the car of my childhood. From birth to 3rd grade, my parents were teachers/principle and had the summers off. Every summer we'd load up the wagon and drive out west, then usually up the Canadian Rockies past Jasper. Two months or sheer adventure for a young kid. Here is my older sister and I ready to travel.
Gaye and I in our Ford Woodie, going out west.jpg

That was the car of my childhood. From birth to 3rd grade, my parents were teachers/principle and had the summers off. Every summer we'd load up the wagon and drive out west, then usually up the Canadian Rockies past Jasper. Two months or sheer adventure for a young kid. Here is my older sister and I ready to travel.
Simply adorable. By any chance, do you still have that wagon?:)

Simply adorable. By any chance, do you still have that wagon?:)
No. I was around 10 when he sold it and bought an early 60s Buick Electra. You could fit an entire third-world village in the back seat, and the trunk could easily accommodate a dozen bodies or more. (Sometimes you have a lot of evidence to dispose of quickly.)

No. I was around 10 when he sold it and bought an early 60s Buick Electra. You could fit an entire third-world village in the back seat, and the trunk could easily accommodate a dozen bodies or more. (Sometimes you have a lot of evidence to dispose of quickly.)
Good, you were able to hold on to one beautiful piece. Did you have it framed?:)
Thanks for the reply.