Anyone ever been to Nassua?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Looks like the RV trip has been tossed out the window. Anyone ever been to Nassua Bahamas? Its one of the possibles she added, I'd prefer the Honduras but I'd like to know a bit about Nassua before I make some kind of stand and possibly screw myself out of a good time.

I went in 1995-and haven't been out of the continental states since.There's a nice beach in Freeport,Texas-cheap housing,good food,and noone wants to braid your hair or sell you dope or conch,and the beer is good.......Tourist traps are money pits and bothersome,to me.If you go out of the states and venture away from the tourist traps,you may lose more than your money.
I hated Nassau.
Tony

Bro Tony I'll take that as I should tell the wife, 'hell no'. But I would look good with my 1/4 inch braids. Lol.

Freeports an interesting place. We load latex down there and haul it up to Danville Illinois.

I lived in Lake Jackson,TX in 1981,and fell in love with the gulf-but I haven't been there in over 10 years.Bryan's Beach was always deserted,because there were no shark barriers.Just up the road from there is Dow Chemical,so sometimes the sea smell was a mite overwhelmed....I'd still rather go there than anywhere on the Bahamian Islands!!!!
But if the Mrs. wants to go to Nassau,you had probably best take her to Nassau!
Do you want to be right,or do you want to be happy? :)
Tony

Yeah Dow is where we pick up. Pretty big plant when you consider all of it is actually one company. First time I went out there I missed the turn into the latex facility and ended up at the beach. :)

She floated the Bahamas as an idea, not as a 'This is what we are doing'. She really enjoyed the beach in Cozemel, might do that again. We try to find those all inclusive package deals, it aint bad.

On the other hand I've been fighting against Disney World for several years, maybe its time to put the babys first. Nah what am I thinkin. :)