Anyone Ever Hear of Mirejovsky Pipes?..

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
Hello All,

I was down at my local flea market today and found a vendor selling ten or fifteen estate pipes marked only "Mirejovsky".I bought the two best of them and said that I may be back for the rest.One is a bulldog and the other a billiard.Both are super clean bowls with no fills or pits that I can see.If I were to guess I'd say that they're Algerian briar and possibly from the 50's or 60's.The billiard is actually unsmoked.At ten dollars each they seemed to be a bargin! :bounce:

Has anyone ever heard of this brand?

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Well..It took an hour but I was able to clean them up like new.I used an SOS pad to get the majority of goo off and then finished them up with a pass on the buffing wheel with tripoli.They shine like new and I'm still not able to find a fill anywhere.The stem fit is near perfect and the drilling is spot on.There was nothing in the late Tom Colwell's book "Who Made that Pipe"about the brand. Who knows,maybe the brand only lasted through these 10-12 pipes :?:

Best,
Dock

Dock":xyelb5io said:
Hello All,

I was down at my local flea market today and found a vendor selling ten or fifteen estate pipes marked only "Mirejovsky".I bought the two best of them and said that I may be back for the rest.One is a bulldog and the other a billiard.Both are super clean bowls with no fills or pits that I can see.If I were to guess I'd say that they're Algerian briar and possibly from the 50's or 60's.The billiard is actually unsmoked.At ten dollars each they seemed to be a bargin! :bounce:

Has anyone ever heard of this brand?

Best,
Dock
Had to revive this thread when i came across it in research yesterday. I am trying to find these pipes, and for good reason. Joseph Mirejovsky was my Great Great Grandfather and was a master meerschaum carver from Austria. His store was in Manhattan and he produced pipes for over 50 years including a commissioned presidential series.