Anyone from the KC area?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, from up around leavenworth county.

we have a group of guys that get together every so often, half pipe smokers, half cigar smokers.
sometimes we meet up at cigar events at Outlaw Cigar in parkville off hwy 29. other times we meet in Bonner Springs, KS at a "Sidepockets" due to the new smoking ban in KC, MO. We use to meet across the street from "Cigar & Tabac" (the guys who host the GKCPC and KC pipe show) down off Metcalf, but now that's against the law as well.

when i find out about the next time we "herf", i'll let you know.

suppose to be first weekend of Nov, but i haven't checked the website.
last little quote i saw, they may not have another KC pipe show due to the new laws that were just passed in April.

of course, the latest on that is, there are a number of bars/clubs, etc, trying to get those new laws overturned due to being unconstitutional...

we'll see.

I'm about 100 miles east of KC but used to live there in the early to mid-80s. I still have a lot of friends up there. One of my friends that used to bartend said that the smoking ban is killing the bar business. Why can't we have smoking and non-smoking establishments and let the people decide?
:pipe:
Smokey

That sucks. I lived in Lawrence in the early 80's, and we used to go to the bars in KC because the KS liquor laws were so limiting. Now the anti-smokers are busy in Michigan; like our economy isn't suffering enough already... :x

If we were smart, we'd turn it around & market ourselves as "Michigan: The Last Bastion of Smoking in America"!