Anyone have 15K to blow?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couch change for the nouveau riche Chinese or Russian pipe collector. I wonder who carved it? Teddy? :shock:

Odd. I could be wrong but I always though "Pearl" was Larsen's highest grade. Lowest to highest was Selected grain, Straight grain grades 1-10 then Pearl. I would thought the seller would have made mention if it was a Pearl.

Also I think I see some significant damage on the side of the bowl in the second and third pic if you zoom in.

Frost":u7c9pw0e said:
Odd. I could be wrong but I always though "Pearl" was Larsen's highest grade. Lowest to highest was Selected grain, Straight grain grades 1-10 then Pearl. I would thought the seller would have made mention if it was a Pearl.

Also I think I see some significant damage on the side of the bowl in the second and third pic if you zoom in.
Good eyes Frost!
That does look bad, and yes, why no mention of
the specific nomenclature?

I wonder if some sort of trade is possible? The only thing I can come up with worth that much is my list of medical bills.
Just my opinion but if they are crazy enough to expect $15,000. for this pipe then maybe they're crazy enough to consider the trade. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I never knew pipes could go for that much. It's a beautiful pipe and even if it smokes better than any other pipe on earth all you can do with it is hold it, smoke it, and show it off. I can do all of that for a bit less and have enough left over to take my wife on a nice cruise. If I paid that much for a pipe I'd have to her on a cruise and still may need to find a good divorce lawyer. :(
AJ

Hell, if you really want a ridiculous Calabash for a whole lot less then this, contact Joe Skoda and order one of his award winning Calabashes!

http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/2012/manufacturer-retailer-spotlight/kansas-city-pipe-show/joe-skoda-03.jpg

"Joe Skoda won both Best Pipe and Best Carver awards(At the 2012 Kansas City Pipe Show). The 2-part Calabash won Best Pipe of Show. It has a custom-fitted case that Joe made as well. It has a briar insert and the top is made of Masur Birch. Retail is $2,650."

The Pearl is the highest Larsen grade and they go for 1500.00 tops. All this guy did was waste his listing fee. No one will buy it and his pics and description sucks. This clown has no idea what he is doing.