Anyone having other problem with Pipes and Cigars?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shipping gets very complicated these days. My order was sent via UPS, but USPS delivered it. As much as people complain about our postal service, I'd rather them handle my package than UPS. Of course, that is situational and dependent upon the workers. The UPS people here are racing like maniacs and don't bother even ringing door bells, while my delivery guy rings the doorbell, isn't afraid to get out of his truck to ask questions for clarification etc. I get the sense the UPS people would drop-kick my packages near the house if nobody was watching, while the USPS guy almost puts on white gloves before he handles my packages.
I think I pretty much agree with you. UPS is the most cumbersome company to deal with when it comes to shipping with their requirements for signatures on everything. FedEx and the post office, not to mention Amazon, all seem fairly straightforward and easy to deal with. In fact, I kind of prefer the US post office because in our neighborhood they have a lock box so porch piracy isn’t really an option. Plus, I don’t remember having a lot of problems with packages and letters not getting delivered.

A little update. While both reps were nice and seemingly helpful, neither got back to me. So, the first rep said they'd email me back with an explanation and/or an adjustment. They didn't. I waited a couple days, and then I called again. Another nice, helpful rep. This was the third person to not understand the totals. This one did give me reasonable, but no less explanatory, excuses for the total. Blah blah blah about excise taxes that they couldn't fully explain how they were applied. "We should have this on the website so it is more transparent..." The kind of speak you really can't argue with, because they aren't giving you any hard details. "Trust us. We're highly regulated. We couldn't be making mistakes, or we'd lose our business license." Yeah, OK. Now we've firmly entered into the realm of bvllsh1t. But they too said they would email me with the numbers explaining the total. They didn't. So, nothing was remedied. I'm not as frustrated as I should be, but that's because I'm working on that part of myself in life. Too much information, I know. I have every reason to be very irritated with the whole thing. But the next time I think I'm saving $5, when Smokingpipes is also running a sale of a smaller discount, I'll try to remind myself that after P&C runs their convoluted system over the sale, I won't actually be saving anything...other than my patience.

Am I alone in this? Please let me know.

Other than blatantly ripping me off, I can't think of anything better at making me stop buying from you is: constant sales. Two days after I order, the company comes up with another, better offer or has a sale that covers all the other merchandise not covered in the first sale. Or they suddenly have stock of something that wasn't on sale with the first order, but is now on sale and in stock. Pipes & Cigars is leading the pack in this for me. I think I said this earlier in the thread, so I apologize for the repetition. This joint has a new sale every other day, and I'm not paying the shipping over and over again. It drives me insane. I feel like I'm being manipulated every day when I get their emails. "I just F'ing bought that, and now it is even a better deal?"

Of all the scam operations out there, P&C is the one that needs a policy of "if you find it at a better price, we'll match it" and "if we offer it at a better deal within 30 days, we'll refund you the difference." I believe Home Depot is like that. Or they used to be like that. If they beat their own paid price within x amount of days, they refund that difference.

I had to rant. Sorry. I really hate they way they run their business.

From the beginning P&C have shown me disrespect, lack of knowledge of the meaning of customer service
and have proven beyond a doubt to be liars and cheats,......need I digress?

Many members here, including myself, have dealt with the vendor in question here with no problems whatsoever. If you’ve experienced problems and they remain unresolved I would think it was time to move on. Plenty of other vendors out there.

Calling any vendor out, pointing fingers, claiming lies and cheating without the benefit of evidence remains hearsay. As such I would strongly recommend caution…prudence…since as far as I know online statements are the same as public statements. I imagine the laws regarding libel and slander apply.

Other than that, if member posts get wild enough I’ll move everything to the Rubber Room where things are a bit more private.

Many members here, including myself, have dealt with the vendor in question here with no problems whatsoever. If you’ve experienced problems and they remain unresolved I would think it was time to move on. Plenty of other vendors out there.

Calling any vendor out, pointing fingers, claiming lies and cheating without the benefit of evidence remains hearsay. As such I would strongly recommend caution…prudence…since as far as I know online statements are the same as public statements. I imagine the laws regarding libel and slander apply.

Other than that, if member posts get wild enough I’ll move everything to the Rubber Room where things are a bit more private.
BH, I apologize for being so blunt but, everything I said is true.
But you are right, I should have swept it under the mat years ago and for that I also apologize for.

I know many of us feel this way at one time or another, me as well. But for me, I believe that if I let a negative event cloud a positive outlook or turn a good bowl bad…then the “bad guys” have won. If I just take my business elsewhere…then I’VE won.

I believe that if I let a negative event cloud a positive outlook or turn a good bowl bad…then the “bad guys” have won. If I just take my business elsewhere…then I’VE won.
You have to keep in mind that these huge internet retailers have many numbers of employees. The one employee who handles your order or takes your phone call may be having a terrible day. You're irritated because your order is missing an item and you phone with an "edge" on your voice, while the customer service rep, who takes your call, just got a call from their kid's school that the kid's been suspended.

With regard to constant and fluctuating sale prices. Most large retailers plan sales in consort with their vendors months in advance. Then, depending on stock turn, the general movement of a particular product, and inventory availability may decide to provide an impetus to spur sales. I do think that a 30 day price guarantee would be nice.

Have to say my first dealings with P&C went awry back in 2013. I think it was out of stock items that the website allowed me to order then flunked out at the checkout. I've never dealt with them again, plus very poor packing of the package they did send.

Smoking Pipes and 4Noggins have been my sole internet places of purchase since.

I treat all places of custom like this, stuff me around and I'll never deal with you again, no matter how "great" the deal you're offering. I'd rather pay more and know I'm getting what I pay for.

On Dec. 26, 2020 I ordered a new pipe and some 9mm filters, but there website it showed it was shipped but USPS was still in pre-shipment today, 1/7/2021. I have called two days but put on hold for over 10 minutes and then I hung up. I also sent three emails this week asking about my order but they have never replied.
Pipes and Cigars does have less than stellar customer service. I've had issues with their service before too. So I believe it.

I have never ordered from P&C. My wife ordered me some cigars from there a couple of years ago for my birthday. I have no idea if she had any issues or not. They showed up and I smoked them up.

I also believe I had a drop shipment from them in a bombing run. But like before the box showed up and I smoked the contents. No idea about the ordering process.

I used to order most everything knox cigar years ago. When they shut down I ordered from somewhere else that had tons of McClellands blends.

then in the 2016 time frame I got back into pipes. I found smoking pipes website from some recommendations here. I’ve always got what I ordered in a timely matte with no issues. If you treat me right I will patronize your business.