Anyone here have Amica Ins?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone insure their auto or home through Amica? Now that I've moved to AZ I need to find a better rate since my present Ins has increased significantly, despite me being a long time customer with no claims!

I've gotten recent quotes from Geico, Progressive, and others but they didn't offer much savings to be worthwhile. Amica OTOH was significantly less for both auto and homeowners, but would like to see if anyone has any complaints or concerns about them.

TIA

Cheers,

RR

Be sure to compare coverage in addition to price. The quotes are generally for the minimum coverage legally required, which may / may not be adequate for your situation.

KevinM":g6cvt397 said:
Be sure to compare coverage in addition to price. The quotes are generally for the minimum coverage legally required, which may / may not be adequate for your situation.
I was careful to relay the coverage I currently have, and Amica matched that. And I'm also aware that after the initial enrollment 1-yr period they can jack up the rates to their hearts desire.

I'm reminded that the old adage of "you're better off with the devil you know than the devil you don't know" may apply here. Short term gains for long term loss?

That said, I do intend to call my Ins broker and see if they can match the new quote in order to retain my 28+ yr biz with them. Should be interesting!

Cheers,

RR

Good. Here in CT, ins is regulated by the state, and companies apply for rate increases and coverage changes. So at one point in time, one company will be high, another low. Over a period of time, differences tend to even out somewhat. insurance is a commodity and, basically, it’s a standard, gotta-have product. So it’s a good idea to show them you’re on the ball.

Well, my former Ins agent could not match the quotes from Amica so I made the switch. Thus ends the 28 yr relationship with that Ins agency, but as I pointed out on the phone - this is business and not personal. She understood.

This way I'll be saving over $400/yr on the car and homeowner policies with the same coverage. And that brings me roughly back to what I was paying when I lived in WA state.  And if Amica jacks up the rates after this first year I'll go shopping again.

I still find it hard to believe that my present house (which is under half the value of my former house in WA state) doesn't represent a significantly lower rate. Such is the rate structures of different states.

And this, despite the value of homes in W. Washington state being one of the highest in the nation! It's totally outta control up there and no signs of slowing down. While that's great for building equity, the downside is the obnoxiously high property taxes there. No way could I have afforded to go on living there now that I'm retired!

:no:

No Cheers,

RR