Anyone own a Jirsa pipe?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunter5117

Reaction score
I have seen these Czech made pipes at a couple of notable e-tailers websites and they certainly look like a bargain for the price. Nice selection of shapes and finishes and sort of a Tinskyesque approach to combining smooth and rustication in unique patterns.

Saw one that I particularly liked but before I pulled the trigger figured I would ask the blessing of the brotherhood. Search didn't show up any prior discussions.

Yep .. have two, one 3-star smooth billiard which has excellent, tight straightgrain and another large partially rusticated dublin which is a beauty. Love them. Excellent pipes for the money; the stem material is a little strange though (softer than acrylic, I do not know what it is but you can probably search it out) ... overall recommended. Got mine on eBay.

Kapnismologist":83x4kb1e said:
Yep .. have two, one 3-star smooth billiard which has excellent, tight straightgrain and another large partially rusticated dublin which is a beauty. Love them. Excellent pipes for the money; the stem material is a little strange though (softer than acrylic, I do not know what it is but you can probably search it out) ... overall recommended. Got mine on eBay.
I have been wanting a partially rusticated calabash style briar and Iwan Ries had a nice Jirsa that caught my eye so I just ordered it. Was hard to tell if it was a dublin so I called and talked to them first and they said the rim is flaired calabash style. Also told me the stem material is actually hard vulcanite even though they list it as acrylic on the website. Fellow said the one he had in his hand was a nice one and he held it for my internet order. He did say they are a somewhat chunky pipe, not slim and graceful like some. Sure can't complain for the price if they are at all nice. I will give a report once I receive it.

I have quite a few Jirsa's and think they are well worth the money and a great value. I have three stars all the way to one eight star. All have been very good smokers with minimum break in.

Sir
Yes I have on it is a smooth finish without stain which has darkened to a very nice pecan color if I knew I would have like this pipe this much I would have gotten a couple more when I was in Chicago.
Best Regards
Richard

I own a Jirsa which was a gift from my gal last Christmas. It's a rusticated semi-horn shape, and I love it. It's been a great pipe so far. Pretty heavy for its size so it's def not a clencher.

Another vote here for Jirsas.

I own one- bought in Prague, in fact. It's a half-bent rustiicated apple, and it's always smoked great. Even though it is made for a 9mm filter, I smoke it without one, and it has never bothered me. I would recommend a Jirsa to anyone.