anything better

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mw306

Reaction score
Is there anything better than a breakfast of Bacon, Eggs, Toast with some kind of homemade preserves or jams followed by a bowl full of your favorite tobacco and
a cup of coffee or two to start the day?

I can think of two very quickly, both from my past..
Wake N Bake which I no longer do because I have kids.

Morning Sex which I no longer do because it makes kids.

How about sitting around a campfire cooking fresh brown trout, potatos buried in the coals, and biscuits browning in a dutch oven,,,,,add in a cool summer morning alongside a stream, a few close friends, and the rest of the day to fish,smoke, and fabricate semitruths,,,,,

mw306":4rr5u1xq said:
Is there anything better than a breakfast of Bacon, Eggs, Toast with some kind of homemade preserves or jams followed by a bowl full of your favorite tobacco and
a cup of coffee or two to start the day?
I'm so old I remember when eggs, bacon, and toast were a "healthy way to start the day!!" :lol!: FTRPLT

It still is a healthy way to start the day as long as you take your cholesterol medicine.

Yeah, I can't eat like that anymore either. Breakfast is usually 6 egg whites with spinach followed by an hour in the gym, and then a bowl of good tobacco for desert ;)

No more fry up breakfasts for me either,bowl of cereal with fruit and head out to the Gym
almost everyday.I don't want a cardiac event just when life is pretty good.

Winslow :sunny:

I have no retirement, my bank account is drained, and social security won't be around by the time I get old enough for it... Screw it, give me Sausage gravy and cathead biscuits.

puros_bran":jgwmmjmq said:
I have no retirement, my bank account is drained, and social security won't be around by the time I get old enough for it... Screw it, give me Sausage gravy and cathead biscuits.
Yepper and while you're at it scrape up some of tha baon grease off the flat top and pour it over my gravy. And don't forget the home fries.

Add some sliced potatoes, hot and sweet banana peppers out of the garden, some
sliced onions fried in REAL lard in an iron skillet with those cathead biscuits also.
Then walk it off.

Breakfast should be like the Ark, two of every kind. I'm miles and miles away from decent local country ham or scrapple, and it's a heartbreak.

P.S. If (like me) you have to google "cathead biscuits"... you might be a damn Yankee.

puros_bran":kp17rhbj said:
I can think of two very quickly, both from my past..
Wake N Bake which I no longer do because I have kids.

Morning Sex which I no longer do because it makes kids.
PB well said brother...... I find myself in the same position........... Living up to your reputation again I see...... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Doc Manhattan":ajmvk8r6 said:
P.S. If (like me) you have to google "cathead biscuits"... you might be a damn Yankee.
:lol!: ,,,,guess I'm a damn yankee,,,, :lol!:

Yankee: The little string on a tampon.

Technically you boys are just Yankees.. Yankees come to visit, Damn Yankees come to stay.

Naw, we claim ya as a Southern Bro...

(Can't get much more southern without going to antartica.)

It would be hilarious if you migrated to America... When you check marked African-American on forms it'd really freak people out.....

I'm with Mark, cooking on the campfire, cept I'll be cooking up some fish and grits! Going out to Topsail Island to camp for a week, week after next. I am sure there will be few mornings with campfire bacon and eggs too. Probably do shrimp and grits with brown gravy one night for dinner and a Frogmore Stew one night.