April Rain of Fire!!! :::: April BOB Bombing Run

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrumsAndBeer":j0ozrzb7 said:
Back from a long weekend of travel and playing live music.

Here's a picture of the damage.

One very nice OW pipe (with directions)
Smoked bunny meat
Earl Grey Tea
2 ounces of Bob's All Things Being Equal blend

Thank you Mr. Wizard for the beautiful pipe and the treats. One question you, what wood is this pipe made from?

Chris, I'm guessing that pipe is Osage Orange as it looks very similar to the one Ozzie made for me. He can clarify in due course.

ATBE is a very well put together blend too. The Wiz certainly knows what he's all about!

8)

btw, what Organ is that?

Cheers,

RR

The third wave hit today! Rubble and crumbling walls are now dust...............

The damage report as follows...........

Baggies of........

Grand Croupier's "Double Down"
C&D's "Exclusive" and "Winchester"
P&C's "Presbyterian Match"
4Noggin's "Painter Hills"
McConnel's "Scottish Cake" and "Black and Gold"
SPC's "Deception Pass"
Bell's "Three Nuns"
Carter Hall
Stokkebye's "English Luxury"
Straus's "Blue Chip", "Ault Park", Union Terminal" and "Sleepy Hollow"
Half a pound of McClelland's 5100

Tins of............

Warhorse
Bengal Slices
Beacon
Beacon Extra
H&H Bold Kentucky
Orlik Golden Sliced
Elizabethan Mixture
University Flake
And a six year old tin of Haddo's Delight. Question is, is it 'ripe' yet, or should I wait a few more years? It looks like it's going to pop it's top, and the bottom is round. (it plumps when it's cooking!)

Shrapnel as follows........

Low Country Reamer
Three healthy grips of pipe cleaners
Rockwell folding knife
Richard's Seasoning salt
Gianduia chocolate and Chapel Hill toffee. (The witch took those)
An 85% Dark chocolate bar. This one's mine!)
Silver Zippo with pipe insert
A Don Pepin Garcia Original cigar (!)
Strawberry Oolong tea
8deco Bamboo Tamper
A cool little tin that holds Escudo coins perfectly, and woah! It has coins already loaded!! WOOHOO!

Thanks so much for everything (you will all pay), There was nothing in any of the tobacco ordinance I had tried before, so this covers a lot of new ground (I'm lost as to where to start. I just reach into the big paper sack, reach in and go for it. I got some jars today, so that game is over.)

Cooked some rabbit with the seasonings, had some tea and chocolate for dessert. Just finished a bowl of Bengal Slices a while ago, and now wondering at this tin of Haddo's.

Should I, or shouldn't I crack this bad boy open?

Once again, I am blown away. It's one thing sending ordinance, it is quite another receiving it!

Ozzie, I can only say that Haddo's gets mellow with age. 6 yrs should  be about right to fire it up (my rule of thumb is 5 yrs minimum). But beware, it still packs a punch after like 10 yrs, nic-wise. I speak from experience.  :!:

That said, it's a wunnerful experience!

:tongue:

Cheers,

R

Osage Orange, interesting. Beautiful pipe OW, I love it. Once again, thank you kindly. Look forward to breaking it in. 8)

Rande, the organ is a 60's Hammond L-100 spinet model. It belonged to my grand parents. My grand mother played for her church periodically.

Great tone, & I even managed to hook it up to a Leslie believe it or not.

If I could play the organ half as well as I can play drum set, I'd be in business. ;)

Bob,

With Haddo's, my opinion, let it simmer a little while longer. Shane Ireland sent me a 10 years old sample a few years back when he was still posting here and it was sublime. One of the best tobacco mixtures I have ever put a flame to, & night and day compared to a 5-6 y/o tin that I was smoking from which I found to be slightly harsh and somewhat overwhelming. Depending on your tolerance for a good measure of perique, you may or may not find younger Haddo's acceptable, but there's no denying that something magical happens to it around the 8-10 year mark. The wait? the longer the better, IMHO.. One of the few blends that I can wait to taste with 15-20 years on it.

I am lucky enough to own several of OW's pipes made from Osage Orange...and can't praisecthem highly enough. OO is a GREAT and super durable wood for nearly any purpose. Good stuff!

Mod Note: Two topics have been merged here. You're welcome. lol

Cripes Wiz, you were done real good! Absolutely stunning display of high altitude targeting.

I'm not familiar with many of those blends but that 5100 is an all out belter.

:cheers:

Another round landed today.

A tin of McClelland's blending Perique, and Drew Estate's Gatsby Luxury Flake. Getting to be where a wizard can't leave the forest alone for a second!

Ozark Wizard":bxm3h3kt said:
Another round landed today.

A tin of McClelland's blending Perique, and Drew Estate's Gatsby Luxury Flake. Getting to be where a wizard can't leave the forest alone for a second!
The Never-Ending-Bombing? :D

Wow a splendid run everyone. Great stuff. I'm a bit bummed I missed a chance to take a run at the Wiz though. We are definitely at an imbalance I should have enjoyed to tilt a bit! Congrats, OW.