Arango Balkan Supreme

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monbla256

Reaction score
Having been a 759 smoker for 20 plus years till it disappeared I moved to the white label and it was just OK, but nowhere near the depth as 759. Stopped smoking it and moved on. Awhile back I tried some of the "new" white label and ended up throwing away the rest of the tin after just a few bowls as I don't know what planet the current blenders live on thinking it's anywhere near the old white label, much less representative of BS of the past. Well that may have changed now that I've found what may be the closest to the old 759 of the past. It's made by Arango / Peter Stokkebye under the name of Balkan Supreme!! Visually, very similar cut and appearance, lighting , the same, smoking, ABSOLUTLELY THE SAME !! :cheers: This has the same mouth feel, tatse and aroma as I recall the old 759 and the white label had. I would have to say this is currently the BEST Balkan available today ! And as an added bonus, it available in BULK !!! It is a smooth, long burning blend with a depth of flavor, and a nice smooth nic hit as well, that with all the famous blends going away these days makes me have faith in the 'baccy blenders ! i've just finished my first 2 ozs of this and have ordered another pound to set back and another to smoke from now. If you've not tried it I HIGHLY reccomend you do !!! JMHO :twisted: :twisted:

I absolutely love this one. It is well worth the effort to find it in stock. It has the most intense incense aroma of any Balkan I've smoked. My experience was that it was very cool smoking and flavorful.

Jim

Thanks for jogging my memory, Monbla!

I ordered a couple ounces of Arango BS probably close to a year ago now, looking for something more economical Balkan. As I recall, it stood up well against the tin of Sasieni I had open at the time. Definitely worth sampling for anyone looking for a good alternative. Didn't know it was a 759 "match" too :D

The jar got pushed to the back of my cupboard as I found myself smoking mainly burley flakes last summer. Time to exhume ABS from the depths and give it another taste!

ontariopiper":b1vs7a8u said:
Thanks for jogging my memory, Monbla!

I ordered a couple ounces of Arango BS probably close to a year ago now, looking for something more economical Balkan. As I recall, it stood up well against the tin of Sasieni I had open at the time. Definitely worth sampling for anyone looking for a good alternative. Didn't know it was a 759 "match" too :D

The jar got pushed to the back of my cupboard as I found myself smoking mainly burley flakes last summer. Time to exhume ABS from the depths and give it another taste!
Ontario, It's the closest Balkan/English I've smoked recently which has all the charachsterics of 759 in my memory in years ! :twisted: :twisted:

Definitely one of my favorites and for whatever reason it completely flies under the radar

One of my favs too, yummy stuff with great burning behaviour and its bulk. What's not to love. 

Cheers

Tim

After being bombed an ounce and puffing a couple of bowls, I instantly ordered a pound for the cellar.

Yup, good stuff no doubt 8)

P.S. It's also my understanding that it's the same as Peter Stokebye Balkan Supreme, both are Arango...

Andy, I wonder if there’s something a little more to it than that. I used to smoke PS Balkan Supreme and after looking around for more discovered that all I could find was PS English Oriental Supreme but then there was also this Balkan Supreme from Arango which AJ turned me on to. They taste quite similar although I think the Arango is sweeter and more rounded out. However if they are actually the same I have always wondered why it stopped shipping as PS and moved to Arango. And strangely, the only bulk blend labeled Arango. :?: :?:

I wonder if Arango would verify if asked? I know I read somewhere that it's the same, though can't remember where.

Sorry i read this, as an old 759 lover now I have to buy some.

It is actually blended by Stokkebye and is identical to one they sell with the exception of using a different turkish varietal. Or at least that is what I was told. All I know is I really like the Arango Balkan Supreme.

Jim

Well, I did try it, and now I have 2 pounds   :shock: More TAD as a result of this thread.