Archie Comics' Editor Victor Gorelick Has Passed.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimInks

Reaction score
Victor Gorelick was my Archie Comics editor for over twenty years. He made working for the company easy and fun. He trusted me with tight deadlines many, many times, saying "I can always depend on you". When I needed extra work, he was there to help me. When I came to him for professional advice, Victor never hesitated to offer practical solutions. We shared lots of laughs and personal stories about our lives.

I was the first person to do an extended interview with him about his comic book career for Alter Ego magazine # 23. Victor was a walking encyclopedia about the history of Archie Comics. He worked there for sixty-two years. I knew he had been ill in recent times, but somehow, it seemed like he’d always pull through and stay strong. And he did, until now. RIP, Victor. You’ll be greatly missed by all who knew you. Thank you for everything you did for me.

Sad to hear. I grew up reading comic books and Archie and Jughead were among them. Always had a kid thing for Veronica and Betty - especially Betty since I'm partial to blondes!

RIP Victor.

:(

Cheers,

RR

Sad to hear of his passing. I only read a few of the Archie comics. I really hope the brand keeps going. I also wonder if kids still read comics like they used to? I still read them but have to drive 65 miles one way to get to a comic book store.

I was more of a Green Arrow, Green Lantern and Justice League fan.

eggman":rx2umtec said:
Sad to hear of his passing. I only read a few of the Archie comics.  I really hope the brand keeps going. I also wonder if kids still read comics like they used to? I still read them but have to drive 65 miles one way to get to a comic book store.

I was more of a Green Arrow, Green Lantern and Justice League fan.
Kids don't read comics. What reading they do is on their I-whatevers. Comics lost the kid audience years ago, though Archie has done their best to give them a clean and fun product.

GeoffC":khd7s69q said:
Kind of sad really.  I grew up on comics but now that I think about it I don't see them for sale anywhere except specialty comic stores.  Use to get them at the grocery store, pharmacy and news stands.  Now that I think of it, I guess news stands went away too.
Yup. Grew up on comics as well. Had a huge stash of them as well as the early 60's Mad magazines. Read them over and over. Sadly I no longer have them. Kids of today are not cut from the same cloth.

:no:

No Cheers,

RR