Ardbeg 10

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Sippin’ on a wee dram of Ardbeg 10...a Smokey single malt. Impressive.

I started out with a taster of Powers Gold Label...Irish. It’s pretty much replaced Jameson for my basic Irish. Delicious.

Then I opened a new bottle...the Ardbeg 10. A smoky slap in the face followed by a salty Siren’s kiss. For a fifty buck bottle of smoky Scotch this seems hard to beat.

I heard of and tried Jameson. I like it. It’s some really good stuff. I never heard of the others. I’ll have to check them out. They sound pretty good.

I can’t say I’ve run across many bourbons, scotch or Irish’s that didn’t like. Ive only tried a couple of ryes and they were ok.

Some of my favorites are Jack Daniels, Makers Mark, Jim Beam, Jim Beam Devils cut, Buffalo Trace and George Dickel.

I also like Johnny Walker all the colors, Dewars and White Horse.

White Horse was the first scotch I tried. I loved it. The liquor store that handled it burned and didn’t reopen. I haven’t had it in a long time. Well darn now I’m going to have to find somewhere that handles it.

Nice.

My current reasonably priced go-to’s include:

Irish:
Jameson
Powers Gold Label

Scotch:
Monkey Shoulder
Ardbeg 10

Bourbon:
Buffalo Trace
Eagle Rare
Wild Turkey 101
Rare Breed

Rye:
Knob Creek Rye
Pikesville Rye 110

Ardbeg was arguably my top Islay when I was drinking spirits. Toured the distillery back in '01 at the annual Islay Whiskyfest. Magical times.

Cheers,

RR

Wild turkey, now I haven't had any of that in a while. Funny thing is I live a couple of hour drive from the bourbon trail in Ky. We've been trying to make it for several years, but something always comes up.

I haven't imbibed in almost five years. My favorite Jameson was the Black Barrel version. Another favorite is the New York Apple whiskey. Still have a tiny bit left for making a whisky cream sauce I place on pork tenderloin. May need to restock that one.