Are All Covid Threads Going To The Rubber Room Automatically?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
Just asking?

Interesting posture. Both Minneapolis and St. Paul newspapers have online "pay windows" except for those news stories and opinion pieces that apply to the pandemic. It's surprising to me that it's been determined that threads that pertain to a pandemic that virtually shut down this country would be relegated to a permission only forum. Aren't we all adults?

Last edited:
They seem to go off the rails given the subject matter. You can still debate them in the Rubber Room however. Cheers, RR
Debate? What debate? This is the most critical worldwide public health issue of the century. People are dying every day and the hospitals in many cities are turning patients away because every available room is filled with a Covid variant patient. Medical insurance companies are working 24/7 to assess what those of us who have private medical insurance will pay for coverage. Those who have Medicare as their primary insurer may drop to the bottom of the priority ladder for necessary procedures because as some Covid rooms empty private pay and private insurance patients will take top priority as hospitals attempt to recoup losses.
Covid isn't about politics. It's about life and death and permanent disability and a future for the generations.

I'll take responsibility for being a bit aggressive in your "Mu Variant" thread. I don't know how you discuss this topic without ending up at repetition infinitum either/or frustration. That's me, and I need to own it. The information is out there and constant. I don't know what else there is to say, and it goes a lot deeper than this single issue.

Rubber Room...hehehe Don't think I could tell wife I went in there with a straight face:unsure:
On a more serious note, my fellow co-workers that have been spouting about quitting before getting vaccinated might get the chance to put up or shut up.

Last edited:
Debate? What debate? This is the most critical worldwide public health issue of the century. People are dying every day and the hospitals in many cities are turning patients away because every available room is filled with a Covid variant patient. Medical insurance companies are working 24/7 to assess what those of us who have private medical insurance will pay for coverage. Those who have Medicare as their primary insurer may drop to the bottom of the priority ladder for necessary procedures because as some Covid rooms empty private pay and private insurance patients will take top priority as hospitals attempt to recoup losses.
Covid isn't about politics. It's about life and death and permanent disability and a future for the generations.
My friend calm down- clearly you are in a 'debating' state of being - head to the rubber room - a place where I currently have no privileges - nor seem to desire

When a post in any thread brings in the elements of religion or politics the whole she-bang gets moved to the Rubber Room. It’s BoB Forum SOP.
So, if anyone disagrees with the topic of a thread, all they have to do is post something political or religious in the thread and it goes to the rubber room? Seems to exemplify cancel culture.
Why not just delete the offending post?
I can see it now. Someone posts that Carter Hall is now available at JR Cigars. In the thread another person posts that only members of the XYZ political party buy Carter Hall and SOP is that the thread is moved to the rubber room.
In for a dime>in for a dollar.

We don’t seem to be inundated with evil doers whose goal is to send all threads including posts they don’t like to the rubber room.
Then it's time to change the SOP from moving an entire thread to just deleting the offending post.

We do occasionally delete a post, when it is warranted. We do what is easy. And normally do not waste any time explaining the "why" of it. Moving threads seems to reduce the number of users crashing and burning.

Good on ya. There is certainly a cancel culture out there, but equally annoying is the shouting culture. It's nice to be free of spouters. They are wearying.