Ashton Black Parrot-- dated 1994

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaperfavour

Reaction score
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM good!! i first tried this blend way back in 1998 and thinking it unremarkable. all this age has done wonders! the flakes are loaded with sugar crystals, the perique is ever present, the smell like a cross between vinegar and wine, the carolina in the background providing a sort of baseline of deliciousness. absolutely know bite whatsoever.... very smooth. the perique is really shining with this. i detect flavor hints of the original cope's escudo! this is about my twentieth bowl, i wanted to make sure there were no ghosts lurking in the bowl. i really must say that with all these aged blends i have been smoking as of late that i am convinced that i have been doing disservice to my tongue over the years! There are bits of flavor in this that i cant decribe. man is this good. i am finding that ten plus years seem to work the magic on mcClelland virginias. of course the real test will be the Christmas Cheer 1992 i have that i am going to resist openeing till christmas this year. i digress, when i first got serious trying to find blends i like, around 97-98 i tried the Ashtons, the mcClellands, so on, so forth. i remember thinking they were good but not really good enough. Age. Age does wonders. i lament all those tins of # 27 i would throw out after a couple of bowls due to being too bitey. sigh. i know better now.

I would love to age some tins, but I think i'm not patient enough. And then if you love em, you have to wait and age some of the same blend again! argh! lol