Ashton Consummate Gentlemen

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draagha

Reaction score
Hey folks!

I picked up a tin of Ashton Consummate Gentlemen today from my local B&M, and after one bowl I do believe I've found a new favorite. It's got a hint of peppery beef jerky, which I am ADDICTED to, so it was a major plus for me. I'm at the bottom of the bowl as I'm writing this and it has only became more and more delicious. Not much of a change, I am now thoroughly drying it out to see if it makes much of a difference.

Anyone else tried this blend? Any thoughts on it?

I love it.

Draagha.

After proper drying out and a few more bowls I can elaborate on my previous evaluation.

My favourite setting for this blend, last 1/3 of the day, preferably after a hearty meat and potatoes meal.
My drink of choice, as with all blends, is KoolAid, cause I'm that good :pirat: .
This is a mild to medium blend, it gets a lot smoother as it dries out. There's a sweet and nutty undertone to this, but what I taste the most is smokey latakia. It's very bold without being harsh. Retrohaling wasn't harsh and left a good smell in my nose.

The tin's description is as follows:

A proper English mixture composed of only the finest Virginia, Maryland, and Burley tobaccos with a pinch of Latakia. The result is a remarkable blend that is medium-bodied and traditionally English in character.
The flavor REALLY changed once I dried it out. The leathery taste died down ALOT and the pepper also was pulled back.