At the West Coast Show

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the rev

Reaction score
wow, been quite overwhelming. Met lots of great people, including some of my favorite pipe makers.

Rad Davis was especially kind, and sat down with me and my pipes and talked to me for a good long while about them. Everyone else was very helpful too. Especially Nate King, and Steve Liskey and Grant who also spent plenty of time critiquing my pipes. I learned so much.

Had a long conversation with Todd Johnson about theology, which was so much fun. Jeff Gracik is planning a workshop at his studio that I have weasled my way into now. And the pipes... man, there are soooo many cool pipes. I walked up to one table and there were these five pipes that were just stunning, the finish was amazing, the contrast so overwhelming. And I just had to laugh when I looked down and saw they were made by... Tom Eltang of course. What a great weekend, and its not over. Today I will win the seven pipe set from the raffle. I only bought one ticket, but... I prayed over it so its a lock

rev

That had to be a lot of fun. Especially with you being a carver and being able to get feedback and advise.

You can't use your pull with the Big G to win a seven-day set...that's more "the other guy's" racket, but only if you like to live dangerously... :twisted:

8)