Attention Please.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's more concerning is what the docs will say about his 8 bowls/day.

Cheers,

RR

That most likely will not achieve flight. Perhaps McClelland's makes a 5100 patch? A Red and Black lozenge, maybe?

Ozark Wizard":rg8gj5df said:

Cheers,

RR

That most likely will not achieve flight. Perhaps McClelland's makes a 5100 patch? A Red and Black lozenge, maybe?
I can see him cutting back maybe, but he's not the type to stop altogether IMO. In fact we have one member here who has had 4 or 5 heart attacks and he's still puffing supposedly.

Limit it to a few bowls/day, don't inhale, and the risk should me minimized afaic.

Cheers,

RR

It is a relief to know that he is okay.  Triple bypass sounds awful, but considering the alernative I would say some prayers have already been answered.  We will keep praying for you Michael!
If the ketchup bouquet becomes a reality (and it really should) let me know where to sign up :D

:scratch:  When it hits you that ketchup is just a tomato smoothie. :scratch:

Brewdude":lutzv2qz said:
Ozark Wizard":lutzv2qz said:

Cheers,

RR

I can see him cutting back maybe, but he's not the type to stop altogether IMO. In fact we have one member here who has had 4 or 5 heart attacks and he's still puffing supposedly.

Limit it to a few bowls/day, don't inhale, and the risk should me minimized afaic.

Cheers,

RR
I've had five attacks and was hospitalized two weeks ago with a bout of atrial fibrillation. Still puffin. May not be a smart thing to do but no one ever accused me of being smart. The surgeon that did the bypass told me the pipe most likely would not hurt me.

Brewdude":uppl30fa said:

RR
I tend to agree Rande. Obviously not as healthy as not puffing at all, but your routine (and mine, it's similar) I would imagine carries limited risk. I believe those who drink close to their 'allowance' would be doing as much if not more harm. Just my thoughts.

Brewdude":b5jqm26s said:
So, no further news anyone? Has anyone been in recent contact?

Hope Michael is recovering fully from his ordeal.

Cheers,

RR
It's on my mind too Rande...

SITREP, over....

I haven't been around here much lately, I had no idea he was missing.

It would be kind of fun to set up a special flower bombing run for him lol. I think he knows there's a lot of people that would be concerned if he disappeared though.

UPDATE ON MICHAEL! Tonight about 9:15 PM (EDT) I received a phone call from out brother Michael. Needless to say I was surprised and elated to hear his voice. He's in a Rehab/Home for Seniors recuperating from triple bypass surgery. He's doing OK but he got an infection in his leg(s) from where they took the veins to use in the bypass surgery. He's resting and is eager to get through this. He sounded a little weak but said he hopes to be home and bacK on the forum after another two weeks. He didn't suffer a heart attack but he went to the doctor for some other reason and it was decided that he should have a hearth-catherization performed. It was during this procedure that the doctor saw that Michael needed  a bypass immediately. Shortly thereafter they did the bypass surgery and now they are treating him for the infection in his leg(s). He is able to walk around with the aid of a walker so progress has been made. He doesn't have access to the internet and won't until he gets back home. I told him about the many brothers showing concern here on the forum and he seemed to be very appreciative and asked me to tell you that it meant a lot to him to have so many people caring about him. He didn't mention anything about his pipes and tobacco and I didn't ask. He apologized for not telling anyone that he was going to have the surgery but there was no time from the point of the heart-cath until he went into surgery. So unless some unforseen event alters his plans we can expect him to be back in about two weeks. I'm sure he would be grateful for our continued concern and prayers. :)

AJ

Thanks for the intel AJ. Figures he'd go in for one thing and end up getting a more extensive overhaul, then an infection. Judas Priest, hospitals scare me more than "The Look" from SWMBO.

Best wishes for him. I will light a candle for him tonight...........

Thanks for the update AJ. Here's wishing Michael a speedy recovery.