Attention Please.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks AJ.

That is a relief to learn Michael's on the up. I for one am looking forward to his return.

Get well soon Michael!

And thanks again AJ!

ajn27511":esg755c5 said:
UPDATE ON MICHAEL! Tonight about 9:15 PM (EDT) He didn't mention anything about his pipes and tobacco and I didn't ask.

AJ
Well, for Christ sake man, what pipe and blend were you smoking at the time? Lol

Good to hear he is recuperating. At least they caught the major issue ahead of time. I'll continue to keep him in my prayers.

ajn27511":mcl7zyk2 said:
UPDATE ON MICHAEL! Tonight about 9:15 PM (EDT) I received a phone call from out brother Michael. Needless to say I was surprised and elated to hear his voice. He's in a Rehab/Home for Seniors recuperating from triple bypass surgery. He's doing OK but he got an infection in his leg(s) from where they took the veins to use in the bypass surgery. He's resting and is eager to get through this. He sounded a little weak but said he hopes to be home and bacK on the forum after another two weeks. He didn't suffer a heart attack but he went to the doctor for some other reason and it was decided that he should have a hearth-catherization performed. It was during this procedure that the doctor saw that Michael needed  a bypass immediately. Shortly thereafter they did the bypass surgery and now they are treating him for the infection in his leg(s). He is able to walk around with the aid of a walker so progress has been made. He doesn't have access to the internet and won't until he gets back home. I told him about the many brothers showing concern here on the forum and he seemed to be very appreciative and asked me to tell you that it meant a lot to him to have so many people caring about him. He didn't mention anything about his pipes and tobacco and I didn't ask. He apologized for not telling anyone that he was going to have the surgery but there was no time from the point of the heart-cath until he went into surgery. So unless some unforseen event alters his plans we can expect him to be back in about two weeks. I'm sure he would be grateful for our continued concern and prayers. :)

AJ
Thank you for letting us know AJ and please pass along my heart felt best wishes to Michael. :)

Thanks for the update AJ. Praying for a speedy recovery. MIKE

Very good of you to pass along this info AJ. Good to hear Michael is recovering, albeit slowly with that setback. Hopefully he'll be fit as a fiddle soon.

Cheers,

RR

Good news indeed. It was a fortunate series of events with an alert doctor to prevent tragedy.

Thank you for the update AJ, glad to Michael is ok and wish him a speedy recovery.

Another Update: I just get off the phone from talking with Michael. He is still in rehab and he just got back from a visit with his Cardiologist and everything was looking good. He told me the infection in his leg is some better and he's hoping to be going home with in a week or so. He sounded upbeat and is looking forward to getting home to his kitties and pipes. He stated he really appreciated all the well wishes from his brothers here on the forum. :)

AJ

Truly splendid news AJ and thanks again for keeping us all posted.

It's very reassuring news and I'm really looking forward to him returning now. Is that ketchup I can smell....?

Stick":flixdfv4 said:
Truly splendid news AJ and thanks again for keeping us all posted.  

It's very reassuring news and I'm really looking forward to him returning now.  Is that ketchup I can smell....?
Well put mate, in more ways than one!

Cheers,

RR

Latest On Michael! Michael called me tonight and stated that he was going home on Tuesday after Memorial Day. He also said that he would be back on the forum as soon as he could get his computer up and running and if he could remember his password to his Forum Login. He seemed to be in good spirits and was excited about being able to go home. :)

AJ

ajn27511":ybhfg5zq said:
Latest On Michael! Michael called me tonight and stated that he was going home on Tuesday after Memorial Day. He also said that he would be back on the forum as soon as he could get his computer up and running and if he could remember his password to his Forum Login. He seemed to be in good spirits and was excited about being able to go home. :)

AJ
Thanks for the update AJ. It'll be good to have Michael back on the forum. I'm sure he has some tales to tell.

Cheers,

RR

Good news, definitely pass on our well wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Thanks for the update AJ.
The phrase 'Michael's in rehab' did have me smiling with the possibilities of interpretation.
I look forward to seeing him back on BoB, the :twisted: has been underused in his absence :)