Autumn is over, winter is here.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
Has nothing to do with the weather. I'm sitting here beside the sliding glass door and it's wide open, 'bout 65 degrees out and slightly foggy. Lovely! Autumn is over because, as I sit here puffing on a bowl of Blackpoint, the wife is taking down all of the fall decorations and has several enormous boxes of Christmas decorations out, the contents of which are about to go up on walls, mantles and God knows where else. There is christmas music playing on the all Christmas music channel. The girls (my 2 granddaughters who live with us) are away at the other grandparents home for the weekend and my wife wants everything 'Christmassy' for them when they get home. That's cool, they are 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 and there's no reason in the world to not let them get all the holiday fun they can get. Our little place will look like Santas village for the next several weeks, but that's only fitting as I'm beginning to bear some resemblance to the old boy myself. I firmly maintain that the politically correct whackos are wrong, Santa smokes a pipe. In following his example I shall strive to keep mine lit.

Ho Ho Ho :santa:

Sounds like a great time! My daughter and her mom are going to New York for Christmas so I'm not even going to pull out the decorations. This will be my first year without having her around which kind of bums me out but I didn't want her to miss this opportunity to see the Big Apple. Also she's 17 now so I'm sure this will just be the first of many.

I'm still looking forward to the season though, it's always one of my favorite times of the year. :santa: