Aw, maaaaaan, sheeeeeee.........

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
Dishes, laundry, and a shower turned up in the spa tub. All are linked to the grey water line.

Went out, found the pipe looking like a small frozen waterfall. Solid for ten feet.

The incoming water is still flowing, but I have to bucket it out now until next week's thaw....

poop. no bueno........

Oh man that’s the pits! Don’t overtax yourself trying to thaw things out. Sounds like you’ll need to add an extra layer of insulation once you get it flowing through. Go slow and take lots of breaks.

Jim

Jim, I can't get down there to fix things, not with this harness do-hickey-thingy on to keep my spine right. I'll need to make some calls tomorrow when businesses are open, and schedule........:fpalm: I would have already tied the grey line into the rich if I wasn't sprung like this just to get stuff to drain. Sonofabitch........ :fpalm:

Gonna have a better plan for next time! :joker:

Oh man, that's bad. Just take care of yourself and don't do anything to
hurt yourself. Do you have portable generator? Just a thought, maybe you could
have someone hook up a portable heater there. I don't know, the best thing would
be to call someone tomorrow to help unthaw things.

My brother here in upstate NY just had his thawed out after three days of third-world b.s. A $500 hit if you can find someone. Be careful. And thoughtful.

Well, had a guy go under the house and drill a couple of holes into the grey line, and he found ice. Not wanting a system of perforated pipe under the house, I'm going to go into town tomorrow for the monthly run anyway, so I'll get some 'heat tape' and insulation to have Billy wrap the pipe, after I teach him how to seal the holes....

I'm going by Just For Him smoke shop. Anyone need anything?

Good luck on the pipe and take care of your back. I'm not sure what back issue you are recovering from, but speaking as someone who had back surgery, taking care of that part of your body is numero uno! Hope you get the gray water pipe fixed soon.

Yeehaw! the grey line is flowing again! Dishes and laundry are done. A nice sudzy glacier forming under the house. When the help arrives tomorrow I'll have them make a dog igloo out of it.....

I'm not sure what to make of the icicles coming from the toilet flange. That'll be a project for above zero temps.

Yeehaw is right Ozzie. Great to hear your discharge is flowing again. Had to be maddening! Hope you can keep it that way throughout the rest of the season.

:cheers:

Cheers,

RR